In addition to your professional experience, you should have the following technical knowledge: Experience building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2014. Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system and networking. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
Update your SQL Server skills with this introduction to the new features of SQL Server 2016. You'll learn the new features for performance, security, availability and scalability, reporting and Power BI, data access, and SQL Server OLAP, and you'll learn about new SQL Server cloud functionality.This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 10986: Upgrading Your Skills to SQL Server 2016
What You'll Learn
- Key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016.
- New and enhanced features of SQL Server performance.
- New and enhanced features of SQL Server security.
- New features in SQL Server availability and scalability.
- New and enhanced features in reporting and Power BI in SQL Server 2016.
- New and enhanced features of data access.
- New and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP.
- New SQL Server cloud functionality.
- Querying Data with Transact-SQL (M20761)
- Provisioning SQL Databases (M20765)
- Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure (M20764)
- Implementing a SQL Data Warehouse (M20767)
In addition to your professional experience, you should have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2014.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
- Database professionals with experience in SQL Server 2014 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2016.
- Those holding MCSA: SQL Server certification who want to prepare for the upcoming upgrade exam for SQL Server 2016 certification.
This course comes with 12 monthsÂ access to the following benefits:
- Practice Labs
- 24x7 Mentoring
- Indexed Class Recordings
- Unlimited Retakes
- Digital Courseware
1. Introduction to SQL Server 2016
- Overview of SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server 2016 Editions and Components
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server Management Studio Enhancements
2. What's New in SQL Server Performance
- Columnstore Indexes for Operational Analytics
- In-memory OLTP Enhancements
- The Query Data Store
- Native JSON
- Temporal Tables
3. What's New in SQL Server Security?
- Using Always Encrypted
- Row-level Security
- Dynamic Data Masking
4. What's New in SQL Server Availability and Scalability?
- Enhanced AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- What's New in Database Caching?
- Using Windows Server 2016
5. What's New in SQL Server Reporting and BI?
- Reporting Services Enhancements
- PowerBI Enhancements
6. What's New in SQL Server Data Access?
- Enhancements to Integration Services
7. New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- What's New in SQL Server Analysis Services
8. What's New for SQL Server in the Cloud?
- Stretch Database
- Enhanced Backups to Azure
- Introduction to SQL Server 2016 Hybrid Cloud
- What's New in SQL Server Azure Database
Lab 1: Installing SQL Server 2016
- Key elements of SQL Server 2016
- Components and editions of SQL Server 2016
- Install SQL Server 2016
- Enhancement to SQL Server Management Studio
Lab 2:Â Implementing SQL Server 2016 Performance Improvements
- Use of Columnstore indexes for operational analytics
- Enhancements to in-memory OLTP
- Use the query data store
- Use Native JSON
- Use temporal tables
Lab 3:Â Implementing SQL Server 2016 Security Improvements
- Implement a logical design for a data warehouse
- Implement a physical design for a data warehouse
Lab 4:Â Availability and Scalability with SQL Server 2016
- Enhancements to AlwaysOn availability groups
- What's new in database caching
- Use Windows Server 2016 with SQL Server 2016
Lab 5:Â Implementing PowerBI
- Enhancements to reporting services
- Enhancements to PowerBI
Lab 6:Â Using PolyBase
- Install PolyBase
- Enhancements to SSIS
Lab 7:Â OLAP with SQL Server
- New and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP
- New and enhanced features in SQL Server analysis services
Lab 8:Â Using SQL Server in a Hybrid Cloud
- Stretch databases and why you would use them
- Enhanced backup options
- SQL Server hybrid cloud
- What's new in SQL Server Azure database
View MoreDelivery Language
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
your city, your province