This course includes prework that you should complete one week in advance and bring to class. Foundational people management is recommended but not required.
In today's complex and competitive business environment, most companies rank innovation as one of their top strategic priorities. In a recent study conducted by the Boston Consulting Group, more than three quarters of the business leaders surveyed ranked innovation as their top - or one of their top three - strategic priorities.
The challenge is that many organizations struggle to truly innovate. Often they are restricted by a narrow definition of innovation or are limited by thinking of innovation relative to their industry or competitors.What You'll Learn
- Innovation and characteristics of innovative organizations
- Cultural aspects and which individual competencies enable innovation
- Steps in the innovation process and the 12 ways that an organization can innovate
- How to define an innovation strategy and agenda for your organization or team
Leaders at all levels: vice presidents, directors, managers, and supervisorsFollow-On Courses
- Leading Continuous Change
- Leading in Complex Times: Maximizing Your Emotional Intelligence
- Leading High Performing Teams
- Building Your Business IQ
- Making Effective Business Decisions
- Continuous Improvement
- Bottom Line Innovation
- Align for Results
- Coach. Coach. Coach.
1. What is Innovation?
- The definition of innovation
- Degrees of innovation
- 12 ways organizations innovate
- Characteristics of innovation leaders
- The building blocks of innovation
- Building the right culture
- Assessing your culture
- Entrepreneurism: The link to innovating success
- Generating and assessing ideas
- Accelerating your project
- Launching and measuring success
- Capturing learning from innovation
- Questions and review of learning objectives
- Perform phase assignment: Your innovation agenda strategy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
your city, your province