In this course, you'll be immersed in the overall concepts, processes, policies & methods associated with the continual service improvement (CSI) phase of the service lifecycle. Learn about managing & controlling the activities & techniques within ...
- Course Start Date: Oct. 9
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 days
08:30 AM - 05:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:ITIL Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Learn to manage and control the activities and techniques within the ITIL continual service improvement stage.
In this course, you will be immersed in the overall concepts, processes,policies, and methods associated with the continual service improvement (CSI)phase of the service lifecycle. You will learn about managing and controllingthe activities and techniques within the CSI stage, not the details of each ofthe supporting processes. This course includes lecture, exercises, andscenario-based exam questions to increase your understanding of the coredisciplines of ITIL best practices and position you to successfully complete theassociated exam.
You will be able to take the exam online after completing this course andsubmitting the necessary information, including your ITIL Foundationcertificate, through an online form. The ITIL exam must be completed within 30days of course completion.
Thousands of students have achieved ITIL certifications with the help of our training. We're so confident in our ITIL training, we guarantee your success on the Intermediate ITIL exams or your money back. Visit www.globalknowledge.ca/itilguarantee for details.What You'll Learn
- Service management as a practice and CSI principles, purpose, andobjective
- How all CSI processes interact with other service lifecycle processes
- Sub-processes, activities, methods, and functions used in each of the CSIprocesses
- Roles and responsibilities within CSI and the activities and functions toachieve operational excellence
- How to measure CSI performance
- Technology and implementation requirements in support of CSI
- Challenges, key performance indicators (KPIs), critical success factors (CSFs),and risks related with CSI
- IT operations, technical, or IT management personnel requiring more information about ITIL best practices
- Anyone responsible for managing, implementing, or consulting on ITIL processes within IT or in conjunction with IT
1. Continual Service Improvement
- Purpose, Objectives, and Scope
- Business Value
- CSI Approach
- Context of CSI within the Service Lifecycle
- Inputs and Outputs
- CSI Success Depends on Understanding Change within an Organization
- CSI Success Depends on Clear Ownership and Accountability
- How the CSI Register Supports CSI
- CSI is Driven and Influenced by Service Level Management
- Importance of Knowledge Management and the Deming Cycle to CSI
- CSI Used to Ensure Effective Governance
- Frameworks, Models, Standards, and Quality Systems Supporting CSI
- Purpose, Objectives, and Scope
- Business Value
- Policies, Principles, and Basic Concepts
- Process Activities, Methods, and Techniques
- Triggers, Inputs, Outputs, and Process Interfaces
- Other Processes Support the Seven-Step Improvement Process
- Gap Analysis
- Service and Process Measurement
- Metrics and Measurement Frameworks
- Calculating Return on Investment
- Service Reporting Policies and Principles
- How Availability Management, Capacity Management, IT Service ContinuityManagement, Problem Management, and Knowledge Management Support CSI
- Service Owners
- Process Owner and Process Managers
- Process Practitioners
- CSI Manager
- The Nature of the Seven-Step Improvement Process Activities and theSkills Required
- CSI Manager vs. Other Supporting Roles
- How Responsibility, Accountability, Consultancy, or Informational (RACI)Models Can Be Used to Clarify Roles and Responsibilities for CSI
- IT Service Management Suites
- Systems and Network Management Tools
- Event management
- Automated Incident/Problem Resolution
- Performance Management
- Statistical Analysis Tools
- Project and Portfolio Management Tools
- Financial Management Tools
- Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools
- Critical Considerations and Where to Start
- Role of Governance to CSI
- Effect of Organizational Change for CSI
- Communication Strategies and Plans
- Challenges Facing CSI
- CSFs for CSI
- Risks Associated with Implementing CSI
- Prerequisites & Certificates
ITIL Foundation Certification (v3 or newer) required Two years of relevant work experience To prepare for the end-of-class exam, we recommend that you review the ITIL 2011 publication Continual Service Improvement (2011 Edition, ISBN 9780113313082) and complete at least 21 hours of personal study
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 11 times.