IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS helps you maintain the highest degree of availability of your System z networks.
- Course Start Date: Jun. 25
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 1 day 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:IBM Cloud
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS helps you maintain the highest degree of availability of your System z networks. It offers an extensive set of tools for managing and maintaining complex, multivendor, multiplatform networks and systems from a single point of control. The full IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS 6.1 Workshop ILT consists of four courses:
- This course, NetView for z/OS 6.1 Fundamentals, which covers the key concepts, components, and user interfaces associated with NetView for z/OS 6.1. Lectures are supplemented with hands-on exercises.
- NetView for z/OS 6.1 Automation (TZ213), where you learn about the automation facilities of IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS. You learn the architecture of NetView as a message processor and explore the message flows in an IBM Tivoli for z/OS environment. Also, you learn how NetView can manage screen commands that are issued by operators from z/OS Multisystem Console Support (MCS) consoles. You use the information presented in class in a practical environment during hands-on lab exercises.
- NetView for z/OS 6.1 REXX (TZ223), where you learn how to write REXX EXECs using NetView for z/OS. Restructured Extended Executor (REXX) EXECs can be written to simplify tasks that an operator might need to perform and to provide automation, both proactive and reactive. Topics include the NetView facilities that are provided to support the REXX language: NetView REXX functions, global variables, and WAIT processing. Lectures are reinforced with hands-on lab exercises.
- NetView for z/OS 6.1 PIPEs (TZ233), where you learn how to code NetView PIPEs within REXX EXECs to simplify operations and perform automation by using NetView for z/OS. Topics include an overview of PIPEs, PIPE stages supplied by NetView, issuing commands (NetView, MVS, and VTAM) in a PIPE and processing their output, and some complex PIPE stages. Lectures are reinforced with hands-on lab exercises.
All four courses are also taught as a single, five-day offering. See course TZ243 for further details.Course Objectives
- Describe the NetView key components and tasks
- Describe key functions
- Navigate these user interfaces: 3270 and TEP
- Use NetView commands
- Explain these user interfaces: NMC and web application
- Customize by using CNMSTYLE, style sheets, and reporting
- Explain basic IP management functions and System z networking
- Identify the data that is integrated from OMEGAMON XE products
This intermediate-level course is for Administrators who are new to NetView for z/OS Administrators who are moving to version 6.1 from a previous version.Course Outline
Unit 1: IBM Tivoli NetView basics
- Lesson 1: NetView for z/OS overview
- Lesson 2: NetView packaging and installation
- Lesson 3: NetView structure and components
- Lesson 4: NetView application procedure parameters and datasets
- Lesson 5: The 3270 interface
- Lesson 6: Customizing NetView using CNMSTYLE
- Lesson 7: CNMSTYLE Report Generator
- Lesson 8: NetView administration
- Lesson 9: IP management
Unit 2: NetView user interfaces and product integration
- Lesson 1: NetView web interface
- Lesson 2: NetView Web Services Gateway
- Lesson 3: NetView Management Console (NMC) interface
- Lesson 4: NetView Enterprise Management Agent
- Lesson 5: Tivoli Enterprise Portal
- Lesson 6: NetView product integration with IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE products
- Lesson 7: Tivoli Enterprise Portal security
- Prerequisites & Certificates
You must be familiar with:
- networking concepts and practices and the techniques for monitoring a complex environment
Familiarity with previous versions of NetView is helpful, but not required.
Certificate of Participation
- Cancellation Policy
You will be charged the full price of a public class if you do not cancel or reschedule your enrollment at least 11 business days prior to the scheduled start date or if you do not show up for the class. However, you may cancel your class enrollment at any time within the three calendar days following your initial registration or any LearnQuest rescheduled enrollment date without charge. Cancellations must be notified in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Substitution of class participants may be made free of charge at any time prior to class commencement by notifying your Account Manager or email@example.com.
LearnQuest reserves the right to change dates, courses and fees without notice. LearnQuest assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets or other expenses incurred due to course cancellations.
All refunds will be issued within ten business days from cancellation notice.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Your City, Your Province
Your Country Your Postal Code
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 24 times.