This 3-day Course introduces IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.6 features, environment, and terminology.
- Course Start Date: Feb. 5
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 days 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:IBM Cloud
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
This 3-day course introduces IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.6 features, environment, and terminology. You learn about the features in Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.6 for distributed environments and how to use the IBM Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console to manage Tivoli Workload Scheduler. You also learn how to monitor production workflow, and to plan, implement, and manage Tivoli Workload Scheduler objects to create a production day plan. Production workflow consists of job and job stream instances, which are designed using plan objects such as job definitions, prompts, dependencies, and recovery options. You manage changes to objects, the plan, jobs, events, and job streams. You also learn how to optimize production workflow and troubleshoot plan problems. In addition to classic batch scheduling, the use of dynamic workload and events is introduced. Training occurs in a classroom environment (or online in an instructor-led format) with hands-on labs to reinforce concepts through production scenarios.Course Objectives
- Describe Tivoli Workload Scheduler concepts and terminology
- Describe the components of Tivoli Workload Scheduler, including scheduling objects and dependencies
- Use the Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console to monitor and manage Tivoli Workload Scheduler production workflow
- Submit predefined job streams and jobs into the current plan
- Solve common problems that arise in the production day plan
- List the steps for planning a job stream
- Configure Tivoli Workload Scheduler objects such as jobs, job streams, resources, prompts, and calendars
- Use the Graphical View to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot workloads
- Describe the effects that start-of-day and time zones have on Tivoli Workload Scheduler job streams
- Create event-based workload processing
- Use dynamic scheduling concepts and terminology
- Configure and launch a job on a pool of workstations
- Produce reports using the Tivoli Workload Scheduler command line and the Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console
- Use the command-line composer and conman commands
This basic course is for:
- New Tivoli Workload Scheduler users seeking proficiency in Tivoli Workload Scheduler version 8.6 job scheduling and operations
- Existing operators, schedulers, supervisors, and managers converting from previous versions to version 8.6
- Anyone needing guidance in managing plans, monitoring workloads, or submitting jobs and job streams
- Anyone needing a refresher course and introduction to the Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console Graphical User Interface
Unit 1: Introduction to Tivoli Workload Scheduler
- Lesson 1 - Tivoli workload automation concepts
- Lesson 2 - Tivoli Workload Scheduler architecture overview
- Lesson 3 - Scheduling terminology
- Lesson 4 - Operational considerations
Unit 2: Monitoring workflow
- Lesson 1 - The Distributed Workload Console
- Lesson 2 - Monitoring plan objects
- Lesson 3 - Dependencies and properties
- Lesson 4 - Statuses
Unit 3: Managing workflow
- Lesson 1 - Managing jobs and job streams
- Lesson 2 - Managing dependencies
- Lesson 3 - Submitting work
- Lesson 4 - Managing events
Unit 4: Batch scheduling objects
- Lesson 1 - Variable tables and variables
- Lesson 2 - Prompts and resources
- Lesson 3 - Windows users
- Lesson 4 - Jobs
- Lesson 5 - Calendars
Unit 5: Creating job streams
- Lesson 1 - Job stream planning and the Workload Designer
- Lesson 2 - Building a basic job stream
- Lesson 3 - Graphical view
- Lesson 4 - Advanced job stream options
Unit 6: Troubleshooting job streams
- Lesson 1 - Solving problems in the plan
- Lesson 2 - Connectivity and properties
Unit 7: Event rules and workload automation
- Lesson 1 - Overview of event rules and actions
- Lesson 2 - Advanced use of event rules and actions
Unit 8: Dynamic scheduling
- Lesson 1 - Dynamic scheduling overview
- Lesson 2 - Jobs
- Lesson 3 - Resources
- Lesson 4 - Running dynamic workload
Unit 9: Utilities and reporting
- Lesson 1 - Alternate plans and time zones
- Lesson 2 - Command line access
- Lesson 3 - Reports
- Prerequisites & Certificates
You should have the following skills:
- General computer literacy in a GUI environment
- Basic understanding of production management and batch processing scheduling
- Knowledge of production job flow in the environment where Tivoli Workload Scheduler will be implemented
- Basic knowledge of Linux file navigation, editing, and command-prompt actions
Certificate of Participation
- Cancellation Policy
You will be charged the full price of a public class if you do not cancel or reschedule your enrollment at least 11 business days prior to the scheduled start date or if you do not show up for the class. However, you may cancel your class enrollment at any time within the three calendar days following your initial registration or any LearnQuest rescheduled enrollment date without charge. Cancellations must be notified in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Substitution of class participants may be made free of charge at any time prior to class commencement by notifying your Account Manager or email@example.com.
LearnQuest reserves the right to change dates, courses and fees without notice. LearnQuest assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets or other expenses incurred due to course cancellations.
All refunds will be issued within ten business days from cancellation notice.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Your City, Your Province
Your Country Your Postal Code
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 13 times.