This Course describes the audit concerns reported by IBM® Security zSecure™ Audit. The Course explains how to audit the content of your Resource Access Control Facility (RACF®) database and z/OS® system.
- Course Start Date: Jul. 2
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 days 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:IBM Security Systems
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
This course describes the audit concerns reported by IBM® Security zSecure™ Audit. The course explains how to audit the content of your Resource Access Control Facility (RACF®) database and z/OS® system. You can measure your current security settings against the security requirements of a selected policy level. In addition, you learn about an Access Monitor data set that contains statistics about all RACF decisions taken. This information is helpful for finding profiles, permissions, or connections that are not used and can, therefore, be removed from the RACF database. Furthermore, you learn how to review the current general Service Management Framework (SMF) and RACF audit settings. This course explains how to use and interpret the pre-defined SMF audit reports, and how to create your own customized SMF reports. Finally, the concepts of the Library status and change analysis functions are explained and demonstrated.Course Objectives
- Describe the flow of a security call from Resource Managers to RACF
- Perform user ID and password audit analysis
- Use the audit functions to report on sensitive user IDs and z/OS resources
- Create audit reports on key RACF and z/OS system tables
- Create audit reports for the CICS, IMS, and DB2 subsystems
- Review the system-wide Audit settings
- Select and process predefined SMF reports
- Define custom SMF reports
- Utilize the Access Monitor reports
- Clean up the RACF database
- Audit changes to system-sensitive libraries
This intermediate-level training is targeted for RACF security administrators and auditors who are responsible for administering and generating reports, and auditing RACF and z/OS security. RACF and z/OS compliance officers also benefit from attending this training.Course Outline
Unit 1: Introduction to RACF auditing
- List the RACF resources that need to be audited
- Generate and interpret an audit concerns report
- Identify all the profiles owned by a particular user
- Identify the users authorized to maintain RACF application segments
Unit 2: Audit users and passwords
- Generate and interpret user reports
- Identify last logon and password aging
- Identify users with system-wide authorities
- Identify users with group specific authorities
- Generate a report of trusted users
Unit 3: Audit resources
- Identify sensitive profiles and the users who can modify them
- Identify users who can create profiles of various types
- Audit started tasks and programs
Unit 4: Audit subsystems
- Generate audit reports about CICS regions, transactions, and programs
- Generate audit reports about IMS regions, transactions, and program specification blocks
- Generate audit report about DB2 region
Unit 5: Generate SMF audit reports
- Explain the concepts of SMF auditing
- Report which events are logged in SMF
- Select events logged in SMF using ISPF interface
- Report SMF events with predefined reports
- Create customized SMF reports
Unit 6: Access Monitor and RACF Offline
- Explain the Access Monitor functions and reports
- Generate access summary overview reports
- Compare historic access events against current RACF database definitions
- Analyze permit, connect, profile, member, and global access entry usage
- Remove unused profiles and authorizations
- Use the RACF Offline component combined with Access Monitor
Unit 7: Library Analysis
- Track changes that occur in z/OS system sensitive libraries
- Prerequisites & Certificates
You should have the following skills:
- A basic knowledge of, and experience with, the z/OS platform, RACF, and zSecure
- The ability to log on to TSO and use ISPF panels
Basic RACF and IBM Security zSecure education is assumed and can be obtained in the following classes:
- Basics of z/OS RACF Administration (ES191) (EZ191)
- Effective RACF Administration (BE870)
- IBM Security zSecure Admin Basic Administration and Reporting (TK262)
Certificate of Participation
- Cancellation Policy
You will be charged the full price of a public class if you do not cancel or reschedule your enrollment at least 11 business days prior to the scheduled start date or if you do not show up for the class. However, you may cancel your class enrollment at any time within the three calendar days following your initial registration or any LearnQuest rescheduled enrollment date without charge. Cancellations must be notified in writing to email@example.com. Substitution of class participants may be made free of charge at any time prior to class commencement by notifying your Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LearnQuest reserves the right to change dates, courses and fees without notice. LearnQuest assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets or other expenses incurred due to course cancellations.
All refunds will be issued within ten business days from cancellation notice.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Your City, Your Province
Your Country Your Postal Code
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 44 times.