This Course is intended to provide the basic skills necessary to configure, deploy, and operate an IBM TS7650 system including replication, within a typical enterprise backup environment.
- Course Outline
This course is intended to provide the basic skills necessary to configure, deploy, and operate an IBM TS7650 system including replication, within a typical enterprise backup environment. The participant is exposed to all aspects of normal system operation, including virtual device operation, routine monitoring, and periodic maintenance operations. Fundamentals of system optimization and best practices will also be presented.Course Objectives
- Describe the major components of the TS7650 system
- Describe the basic performance characteristics of the TS7650 software architecture
- Perform the steps necessary to install the ProtecTIER Manager on a typical workstation
- Describe the major functional areas of the ProtecTIER Manager graphical user interface (GUI)
- Identify the three user security levels available within the ProtecTIER Manager GUI, and list the capabilities of each user
- Identify the key factors that contribute to data deduplication factoring ratios
- Create a ProtecTIER repository and a virtual tape library
- Perform basic library management tasks on a TS7650 ProtecTIER solution, using the ProtecTIER Manager GUI
- Use the ProtecTIER Manager GUI to monitor routine backup and recovery processes
- Describe the key metrics that can be monitored using the ProtecTIER Manager GUI, and their relationship to backup workload planning
- Describe the difference between native replication and disk based replication
- Recognize different replication types (O2O, M2O, M2M)
- Recognize steps to set up replication between two nodes
- Test replication connection between two nodes
- Create replication policies and execute them
- Distinguish between continuous and time-limited replication
- Recognize Visibility Switching procedure
- Set up time frame for replication
- Throttle the bandwidth for replication
- Check replication progress
- Determine "dirty" cartridges
- Describe the available methods by which error conditions can be detected and reported by the TS7650 system
- Perform the installation of a new software release on a TS7650 system
- Describe how virtual cartridge capacity is determined within a TS7650 system
- List the steps required to perform a repository capacity increase on an installed TS7650 system
- Using the ProtecTIER Manager GUI, create a problem report and save that file to a local machine
This intermediate course is for individuals responsible for the planning and implementation of a ProtecTIER virtual tape solution.Course Outline
- Unit 1 - TS7650 and ProtecTIER overview
- Unit 2 - ProtecTIER planning and installation
- Labs: ProtecTIER GUI installation and repository creation
- Labs: Library configuration and administration
- Unit 3 - ProtecTIER native replication
- Labs: Setting up replication
- Labs: Creating replication policies
- Unit 4 - Statistics, management, problem determination, and monitoring
- Labs: ProtecTIER statistics
- Labs: Management
- Prerequisites & Certificates
You should understand storage and backup concepts and have basic Linux command-line skills.
Certificate of Participation
- Cancellation Policy
You will be charged the full price of a public class if you do not cancel or reschedule your enrollment at least 11 business days prior to the scheduled start date or if you do not show up for the class. However, you may cancel your class enrollment at any time within the three calendar days following your initial registration or any LearnQuest rescheduled enrollment date without charge. Cancellations must be notified in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Substitution of class participants may be made free of charge at any time prior to class commencement by notifying your Account Manager or email@example.com.
LearnQuest reserves the right to change dates, courses and fees without notice. LearnQuest assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets or other expenses incurred due to course cancellations.
All refunds will be issued within ten business days from cancellation notice.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 711 times.