Learn IBM TS1120 and LTO4 Tape Encryption examines its components. The IBM tape encryption key manager is discussed along with the benefits provided by IBM tape encryption.
- Course Outline
Learn IBM TS1120 and LTO4 Tape Encryption examines its components. The IBM tape encryption key manager is discussed along with the benefits provided by IBM tape encryption. System managed tape encryption using z/OS and DFSMS and the AIX device driver are presented. Application managed tape encryption using IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) is also discussed.This course will also go into details on the new EKM Release 2 along with the differences of using LTO4 tape encryption for open systems.Course Objectives
- Describe IBM tape encryption and the benefits of using it.
- Define the IBM tape encryption key manager (EKM).
- Illustrate system managed using the AIX device driver.
- Characterize application managed tape encryption using the Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM).
- Discover what is new in EKM Release 2
- Understandhow to use new EKM Release 2 with TS1120 tape drives
- Know the differences between TS1120 encryption and LTO4
- State system managed tape encryption system managed on System z using z/OS and DFSMS
- Explain the purpose of IBM tape encryption z/OS keys and how they are used.
- Specify the steps involved in configuring IBM tape encryption.
This basic course is intended for individuals responsible for implementing IBM Tape Encryption.Course Outline
- Encryption Key Manager (EKM)
- System-Managed Encryption: AIX Device Driver
- Application-Managed Encryption: Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM)
- TS3500 Tape Encryption
- 3592 E05 Encryption
- EKM Release 2
- LTO4 Encryption
- System Managed Encryption: z/OS DFSMS
- z/OS Key Management
- Tape Encryption Configuration
- Prerequisites & Certificates
No prerequisites are required, but an understanding of tape subsystems either by education or on-the-job training will help you understand some of the basic tape terminology currently being used on the platform.
Certificate of Participation
- Cancellation Policy
You will be charged the full price of a public class if you do not cancel or reschedule your enrollment at least 11 business days prior to the scheduled start date or if you do not show up for the class. However, you may cancel your class enrollment at any time within the three calendar days following your initial registration or any LearnQuest rescheduled enrollment date without charge. Cancellations must be notified in writing to email@example.com. Substitution of class participants may be made free of charge at any time prior to class commencement by notifying your Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LearnQuest reserves the right to change dates, courses and fees without notice. LearnQuest assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets or other expenses incurred due to course cancellations.
All refunds will be issued within ten business days from cancellation notice.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 343 times.