Provide an overview of storage network and data center networking technology.
- Course Start Date: Apr. 9
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 4 days 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Provide an overview of storage network and data center networking technology.Course Objectives
- Summarize the storage infrastructure challenges and the various storage architectures such as DAS, SAN and NAS
- Classify SAN terminology including trunking, zoning, multipathing and fabric merging
- Recognize b-type Data Center Management tools such as Data Center Fabric Manager and Network Advisor (NA)
- Classify the various tabs in the Network Advisor Tool
- Recall the Cisco MDS management tools
- Recognize the importance of Converged Enhanced Ethernet
- Compare the features of iSCSI and FCoE
This intermediate course is for ersonnel who are assessing and planning to deploy a storage area network.Course Outline
- Unit 1 - Evolution of storage area networks
- Unit 2 - Fibre Channel
- Unit 3 - Fibre Channel switches and directors: Brocade (b-type)
- Unit 4 - Brocade DCFM and Network Advisor
- Exercise 0 - Lab setup and preliminary instructions
- Exercise 1 - Brocade switch 2109: Initial configuration
- Exercise 2 - Management software installation
- Exercise 3 - Brocade Fabric Manager
- Exercise 4 - Brocade switch: Zoning configuration
- Exercise 5 - V3700 storage provisioning using iSCSI
- Exercise 6 - Brocade VDX fabric merging
- Unit 5 - Fibre Channel switches and directors: Cisco MDS
- Unit 6 - Converged Enhanced Ethernet
- Unit 7 - Fibre Channel over Ethernet
- Unit 8 - iSCSI
- Exercise 7 - Basic configuration
- Exercise 8 - Management tools installation
- Exercise 9 - VSAN creation
- Exercise 10 - Zoning configuration on Cisco
- Exercise 11 - Configuring the DS3500 storage subsystem
- Prerequisites & Certificates
This course assumes that you understand basic SAN knowledge.
Certificate of Participation
- Cancellation Policy
You will be charged the full price of a public class if you do not cancel or reschedule your enrollment at least 11 business days prior to the scheduled start date or if you do not show up for the class. However, you may cancel your class enrollment at any time within the three calendar days following your initial registration or any LearnQuest rescheduled enrollment date without charge. Cancellations must be notified in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Substitution of class participants may be made free of charge at any time prior to class commencement by notifying your Account Manager or email@example.com.
LearnQuest reserves the right to change dates, courses and fees without notice. LearnQuest assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets or other expenses incurred due to course cancellations.
All refunds will be issued within ten business days from cancellation notice.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Your City, Your Province
Your Country Your Postal Code
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 10 times.