This course is designed to provide the student with the skills required to use the enhancements and new features that have been added to SQL Server and the Microsoft data platform since the release of SQL Server 2014.
- Course Start Date: Nov. 12
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 11:30 am - 6:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 5 days 11:30 AM - 6:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:SQL training classes
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
This Updating Your SQL Server Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2014 course is designed to provide the student with the skills required to use the enhancements and new features that have been added to SQL Server and the Microsoft data platform since the release of SQL Server 2008. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2014 product features and other Microsoft data platform components.
Course ObjectivesUpon completion of the Updating Your SQL Server Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2014 course, students will be able to:
- Describe key features and capabilities of SQL Server 2014
- Leverage new and enhanced features to develop database in SQL Server 2014
- Use in-memory database capabilities in SQL Server 2014
- Manage SQL Server 2014 by using dynamic management views and PowerShell
- Implement security in SQL Server 2014
- Implement high-availability and data recovery techniques in SQL Server 2014
- Use SQL Server 2014 Integration, Data Quality, and Master Data Services
- Manage SQL Server 2012 Agent and Jobs
- Implement a tabular data model in SQL Server 2014 Analysis Services
- Implement a Self-Service BI solution with Microsoft Excel 2013
- Describe key elements of cloud solutions for data
- Implement a database in Windows Azure SQL Database
- Implement a SQL Server database in a Windows Azure virtual machine
- Implement a Big Data solution with Windows Azure HDInsight and the Windows Azure Marketplace
- The primary audience for this course is database and business intelligence (BI) professionals who are familiar with SQL Server 2008 and want to update their skills to SQL Server 2014, and become familiar with related Microsoft data technologies.
- Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2014
- Overview of SQL Server 2014
- SQL Server 2014 Editions and Components
- Installing SQL Server 2014
- Enhancements to SQL Server Management Studio
- Module 2: What's New in SQL Server Database Development
- Transact-SQL Enhancements
- New and Enhanced Transact-SQL Functions
- Enhancements to Spatial Data Support
- Storing and Querying Documents with SQL Server 2014
- Module 3: In-Memory Database Capabilities
- The Buffer pool Extension
- Columnstore Indexes
- Memory-Optimized Tables
- Module 4: Scripting SQL Server 2014
- New and Enhanced Dynamic Management Views
- Using PowerShell to Manage SQL Server
- Module 5: Implementing Security in Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Security Management Enhancements
- Contained Databases
- Module 6: High Availability and Data Recovery Enhancements
- AlwaysOn High Availability
- Enhancements to Data Recovery
- Module 7: New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server Integration Services
- Using the CDC Control Task for Incremental Data Loads
- Deploying and Operating SSIS Packages
- Module 8: Data Quality Services
- Introduction to Data Quality
- Using Data Quality Services to Cleanse Data
- Using Data Quality Services to Match Data
- Module 9: Master Data Services
- Introduction to Master Data Services
- Implementing a Master Data Services Model
- Using the Master Data Services Add-in for Excel
- Module 10: SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services
- Reporting Services Overview
- Reporting Services and Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Introduction to Data Alerts
- Module 11: Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Introduction to Analysis Services Tabular Data Model Projects
- Creating a Tabular Model
- Using an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model in the Enterprise
- Module 12: Self-Service BI with Microsoft Excel
- PowerPivot for Excel
- PowerPivot for SharePoint Server
- Power Query
- Power View
- Power Map
- Power BI for Office 365
- Module 13: Introduction to Cloud Data Solutions
- Overview of Cloud Computing
- Windows Azure Services for Data
- Module 14: Windows Azure SQL Database
- Introduction to Windows Azure SQL Database
- Windows Azure SQL Database Security
- Implementing and Managing Databases
- Module 15: SQL Server in Windows Azure Virtual Machines
- Introduction to Windows Azure Virtual Machines
- Windows Azure Virtual Machine Connectivity and Security
- Creating Databases in a Windows Azure Virtual Machine
- Module 16: Implementing Big Data Solutions
- Introduction to Big Data
- Windows Azure HDInsight
- Consuming HDInsight Results in Excel
- Obtaining Data from the Windows Azure Marketplace
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2008
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 operating system and networking
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
Certificate of Participation
- Cancellation Policy
You will be charged the full price of a public class if you do not cancel or reschedule your enrollment at least 11 business days prior to the scheduled start date or if you do not show up for the class. However, you may cancel your class enrollment at any time within the three calendar days following your initial registration or any LearnQuest rescheduled enrollment date without charge. Cancellations must be notified in writing to email@example.com. Substitution of class participants may be made free of charge at any time prior to class commencement by notifying your Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LearnQuest reserves the right to change dates, courses and fees without notice. LearnQuest assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets or other expenses incurred due to course cancellations.
All refunds will be issued within ten business days from cancellation notice.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Your City, Your Province
Your Country Your Postal Code
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 6 times.