This is a two-day, instructor-led course that is designed to provide participants with introductory to advanced knowledge of how to model metadata for predictable reporting and analysis results using IBM Cognos Cube Designer.
- Course Outline
Course materials for this course are available in:
- Spanish (Spain)
- Spanish (Latin America)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
The course image is available in English only.
IBM Cognos Cube Designer: Design Dynamic Cubes (V10.2) is a two-day, instructor-led course that is designed to provide participants with introductory to advanced knowledge of how to model metadata for predictable reporting and analysis results using IBM Cognos Cube Designer. Participants will learn the full scope of the metadata modeling process, from initial project creation, to publishing dynamic cubes and enabling end users to easily author reports and analyze data.Course Objectives
Please refer to the Course Overview for description information.Audience
This intermediate course is intended for Data Modelers and Administrators who design dynamic cubes that are used to develop applications in the IBM Cognos environment.Course Outline
Overview of IBM Cognos BI
- Describe the IBM Cognos Family
- Identify the positioning of each component and studio in IBM Cognos BI
- Examine the high level IBM Cognos BI architecture
- Describe Cognos BI groups and roles
Introduction to IBM Cognos Dynamic Cubes
- Overview of Dynamic Cubes
- Identify the challenges of large data volumes that are resolved by dynamic cubes
- Examine dynamic cube characteristics and requirements
- Explore the related components, tools, and high-level architecture
- Describe the dynamic cube lifecycle, from business requirements to application
- Examine how dynamic cubes use caching
Create and Design a Dynamic Cube
- Explore the IBM Cognos Cube Designer interface
- Review the automatic and manual processes to create a cube
- Extend the metadata in an existing cube
Deploy and Configure a Dynamic Cube
- Deploy and publish a dynamic cube
- Configuration and management of a published cube
- Examine query service administrative tasks
- Explore dynamic cube properties
- Configure a dynamic cube to trigger a report
Advanced Dynamic Cube Modeling
- Identify advanced modeling techniques and caveats
- Examine calculated members and measures
- Model a relative time dimension
- Explore multi-lingual support
- Define parent-child dimensions in dynamic cubes
Optimize Performance with Aggregates
- Examine aggregation in dynamic cubes
- Identify types of aggregates (database and in-memory)
- Allocate memory for cache and aggregates
- Explore the aggregate workflow
- Explore Aggregate Advisor
- Use an aggregate slicer to properly route data
- Overview of dynamic cube security
- Identify existing roles and capability requirements
- Use security filters to define hierarchy security views
- Assign users and groups to security views
Model a Virtual Cube
- Examine the benefits, requirements, and build process of virtual cubes
- Explore virtual cube objects: dimensions and hierarchies
- Examine virtual levels in merged hierarchies
- Apply security to virtual cubes
- Publish a virtual cube
- Prerequisites & Certificates
You should have:
- Knowledge of common industry standard data structures and design, and experience gathering requirements and analyzing data.
Certificate of Participation
- Cancellation Policy
You will be charged the full price of a public class if you do not cancel or reschedule your enrollment at least 11 business days prior to the scheduled start date or if you do not show up for the class. However, you may cancel your class enrollment at any time within the three calendar days following your initial registration or any LearnQuest rescheduled enrollment date without charge. Cancellations must be notified in writing to email@example.com. Substitution of class participants may be made free of charge at any time prior to class commencement by notifying your Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LearnQuest reserves the right to change dates, courses and fees without notice. LearnQuest assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets or other expenses incurred due to course cancellations.
All refunds will be issued within ten business days from cancellation notice.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 450 times.