This Course provides a fundamental understanding and hands-on experience using WebSphere Transformation Extender to monitor, manage, and troubleshoot WTX systems running in a production environment.
- Course Outline
This course provides a fundamental understanding and hands-on experience using WebSphere Transformation Extender to monitor, manage, and troubleshoot WTX systems running in a production environment.
WebSphere Transformation Extender performs transformation and routing of data from source systems to target systems in batch and real-time environments. The sources may include files, relational databases, message-oriented middleware, packaged applications, or other external sources. After retrieving the data from its sources, the WebSphere Transformation Extender product transforms it and routes it to any number of targets where it is needed, providing the appropriate content and format for each target system.
With the WebSphere Transformation Extender design tools, changes are recognized, absorbed, and deployed in real-time, allowing changes to be made to data and integration flows in-flight. In addition, a robust and extensive library of connectivity adapters takes advantage of all existing legacy, custom, and packaged applications within an enterprise with out-of-the-box, pre-built integration flows.
The WebSphere Transformation Extender Launcher is an event-driven execution engine that coordinates the triggering of map threads based upon either input event or time event triggers. With its ability to define complex event-triggering criteria, combined with a robust set of adapters that provide listener interfaces to detect these events, the Launcher is the cornerstone for providing real-time, event-driven integration.
The WebSphere Transformation Extender with Launcher is also available as a Hypervisor Edition. It is used to create, deploy, and manage WebSphere Transformation Extender environments and applications by using hypervisor, a component that hosts a virtual system. The procedures for loading the virtual image of WebSphere Transformation Extender With Launcher on IBM Workload Deployer and VMware vCenter along with the basic concepts of virtualization and cloud computing are explained in this course.Course Objectives
- Describe the Launcher architecture
- Use the Launcher Administration application to configure the Event Server
- Start and stop the Launcher in a Windows environment
- Use the Management Console to enable Debug
- Use the log files generated by the Management Console to identify problems in the system
- Describe the tasks that should be completed before systems are deployed to the production environment
- Modify WTX initialization file parameters to affect Launcher performance and behavior
- Deploy Launcher to a Unix server
- Configure the Launcher on Unix
- Remotely manage the Launcher using the Management Console and Launcher Monitor
- Use the WTX Utility Commands in Unix and Windows environment
- Use log files, utility commands, and scripts to isolate problems in a running system
- Explain the fundamental concepts of cloud computing and virtualization
- Describe the steps involved in loading the virtual image of WebSphere Transformation Extender With Launcher on IBM Workload Deployer and VMware vCenter
- Explain the different services available when additional help is required
This intermediate course is designed for system administrators, developers, and system operators.Course Outline
- Launcher fundamentals
- Launcher management
- Preparing to deploy to production
- Performance tuning
- Deploying to production
- Managing Launcher systems from a command line
- WebSphere Transformation Extender with Launcher: Hypervisor Edition
- Teaming with IBM
- Prerequisites & Certificates
You should complete:
- WebSphere Transformation Extender Fundamentals (SW110)
and have a basic understanding of data formats, databases, and processing logic.
Certificate of Participation
- Cancellation Policy
You will be charged the full price of a public class if you do not cancel or reschedule your enrollment at least 11 business days prior to the scheduled start date or if you do not show up for the class. However, you may cancel your class enrollment at any time within the three calendar days following your initial registration or any LearnQuest rescheduled enrollment date without charge. Cancellations must be notified in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Substitution of class participants may be made free of charge at any time prior to class commencement by notifying your Account Manager or email@example.com.
LearnQuest reserves the right to change dates, courses and fees without notice. LearnQuest assumes no responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets or other expenses incurred due to course cancellations.
All refunds will be issued within ten business days from cancellation notice.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 290 times.