- Course Outline
Learn to configure switches for the core and network edge.
In this course, you will learn how to install and configure the ERS 8800/8600 series products. You will learn to install and upgrade software and configure traditional features, including Ethernet switching and resiliency features and IP routing and resiliency features. This course also prepares you for ERS 8000 Series Advanced Configuration and Maintenance (5D00018V).What You'll Learn
- Reset an ERS 8800/8600 switch to factory defaults
- Perform an initial software installation and configuration of an ERS 8800/8600 switch
- Boot process of an ERS 8800/8600 switch
- ERS 8800/8600 configuration interfaces
- Navigate the ACLI and EDM configuration interfaces
- Configure Spanning Tree and VLANs
- Configure VLANs and assign IP addresses to VLANs
- Configure link aggregation and layer 2 resiliency features on the ERS 8800/8600
- Configure link aggregation using SMLTs
- Configure link resiliency using SLPP and VLACP
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 routing
- Configure OSPF, OSPFv3, and route policies
- Implement layer 3 resiliency
- Configure RSMLT, RSMLT Edge, and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
Network technicians who will be involved installing and configuring solutions based on Avaya ERS8000 core switches.Follow-On Courses
- ERS 8000 Advanced Configuration and Maintenance (5D00018V)
1. Ethernet Routing Switch 8800 and 8600 Hardware
2. Ethernet Routing Switch 8600 User Interfaces
3. Ethernet Routing Switch 8300 Hardware
4. Ethernet Routing Switch 1600 Hardware
5. ERS 8600, ERS 8300, ERS 1600 Installation and Configuration
6. Ethernet Routing Switch 5500 Hardware
7. Ethernet Routing Switch 5600 Hardware
8. Ethernet Routing Switch 4500 Hardware
9. Ethernet Routing Switch 2500 Hardware
10. ERS 5500/4500/2500 Installation and Configuration
11. Ethernet Routing Switch Portfolio Features
12. Split multilink Trunking (SMLT)
13. Converged Campus Ethernet Routing Switch Solutions
14. Converged Campus Core
- Basic Core Configuration
- Basic Edge Configuration
- VRRP and RSMLT
- Additional Core Configuration
- Additional Edge Configuration Requirements
Lab 1: ERS 8600 User Interface
Lab 2: ERS 8600 ACLI Installation and Setup
Lab 3: ERS 8600 CLI Installation and Setup
Lab 4: ERS 5500 Initial Setup
Lab 5: Layer 2 ERS 8600 Core Configuration using ACLI
Lab 6: Layer 2 ERS 8600 Core Configuration using CLI
Lab 7: ERS 5500 Edge Configuration
Lab 8: SLPP and VLACP Mechanism using ACLI
Lab 9: SLPP and VLACP Mechanism using CLI
Lab 10: VRRP and RSMLT Configuration - Layer 3 Resiliency using ACLI
Lab 11: VRRP and RSMLT Configuration - Layer 3 Resiliency using CLI
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Completion of the online course ERS 8000 Series Product Overview (5D00014W)
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1204 times.