In this course, you will gain the knowledge necessary to design, deploy, & maintain Microsoft's System Center 2012 Orchestrator. You will be introduced to the various System Center products & then learn how Orchestrator 2012 is architected & deployed....
- Course Start Date: Sep. 24
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft Systems Center Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Learn how to manage and automate your IT environment with Orchestrator 2012.
In this course, you will gain the knowledge necessary to design, deploy, and maintain Microsoft's System Center 2012 Orchestrator. You will be introduced to the various System Center products, and then learn how Orchestrator 2012 is architected and deployed within the Systems Center suite. In addition, this course includes automation of processes to address various scenarios, which may be encountered in the business computing environment.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 55007: System Center 2012 Orchestrator.Global Knowledge Exclusive!
Continue developing your skills after class with 24/7 access to our live remote labs for six months, providing you with valuable extra time for hands-on practice.What You'll Learn
- Role of Orchestrator 2012 and the entire System Center suite
- ITIL and MOF
- Install and configure Orchestrator 2012
- Customize, optimize, and scale Orchestrator 2012
- Implement runbook automation for native Windows processes
- Develop advanced runbooks using real-world scenarios
- Implement integration packs for other System Center and Microsoft products
- Implement configuration of error-handling and log monitoring
- Implement disaster recovery methods
- Implement maintenance and troubleshooting steps in Orchestrator 2012
- IT professionals who already have prerequisite technical knowledge of the systems they want to manage with Orchestrator 2012
- IT professionals who need to understand the critical components of the systems that might require automation
1. System Center 2012 Orchestrator
- History and Evolution of System Center
- System Center 2012 Product Suite
- System Center 2012 Licensing
- ITIL and MOF
- System Center 2012 Orchestrator
- Preparing to Deploy Orchestrator 2012
- Installing Orchestrator 2012
- Exploring Orchestrator 2012 Interfaces
- Examining Runbook Servers and Global Settings
- Creating Runbooks
- Creating Standard Activities
- Working with Monitors, Links, and Junctions
- Analyzing Data Using the Orchestrator Data Bus
- Stepping Through Runbooks with the Tester
- Exporting and Importing Runbooks
- Designing Advanced Runbooks
- Integration Packs
- Automating Activities with Active Directory Integration Pack
- Implementing Integration Packs
- Executing Programs and Scripts Using Runbooks
- PowerPivot for Excel
- Enabling PowerPivot for Reporting
- Determining Fault Tolerance
- Optimizing Performance and Capacity
- Installing with Command Line and Console Push
- Preparing for Disaster Recovery
- Upgrading from Opalis and Migrating Runbooks
- Utilizing the Orchestrator Integration Toolkit
Lab 1a: System Center 2012
Lab 1b: Service Management
Lab 2: Tour the Orchestrator 2012 Console and Initial Lab Environment Setup
Lab 3: Create Basic Runbooks
Lab 4: Create Advanced Runbooks and Complex Activities
Lab 5: Report with Excel PowerPivot
Lab 6a: Complete a Push Install of Runbook Designer and Runbook Server
Lab 6b: Prepare for Backup and Restore
Lab 7a: Set Up the Initial Lab Environment
Lab 7b: Create an Orchestrator 2012 Runbook
Lab 7c: Work with Orchestrator System Center Runbooks
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Technical knowledge in the following areas: Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) Experience with PowerShell, SQL Server, Excel PivotTables, and Opalis Integration Server Knowledge of the product(s) and function(s) that you plan to automate with Orchestrator 2012 Familiarity with administration of other System Center 2012 products
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 56 times.