This course is part of the Cisco Security Management Suite which provides security monitoring for network security devices & host applications made by Cisco or non-Cisco providers. Areas of study include event correlation, data reduction features...
- Course Outline
This course is part of the Cisco Security Management Suite which provides security monitoring for network security devices and host applications made by Cisco or non-Cisco providers. Areas of study include event correlation, data reduction featuers, topology awareness, and automatic mitigation features. Network topology knowledge allows for determination of attack origin as well as application of appropriate remedy. This course is a key component in the Cisco Self Defending Network strategy. Together with CS-Manager, CS-Mars provides a unified security management solution for monitoring and provisioning. It is strongly suggested that candidates successfully complete CCNA Security prior to enrollment. This course is designed for network professionals wanting to guarantee the security of their networks.
Skill Taught Upon completion of this course, student will be able to use CS-MARS to:
• monitor security and host application devices
• know CS-MARS architecture and how CS-MARS processes events
• run / create / customize reports
• investigate an incident and mitigate security threats
• archive and restore features
• do customer parser for unknown devices in CS-MARS
• create / customize rules that detect dark net through best practices example
• tune signature / log level on device side and CS-MARS side
Course Outline Introducing Cisco Security Monitoring, Analysis, and Response System
• Understanding the System Architecture
• Configuring a Cisco Security MARS Appliance
• Adding Reporting and Mitigation Devices
• Viewing the Summary Page
• Managing Rules
• Understanding Queries and Reports
• Investigating and Mitigating Incidents
• Working with User-Defined Log Parser Templates
• Integrating with Cisco Security Manager
• Managing and Administering the System
• Troubleshooting and Optimizing Cisco Security MARS
• Using the Cisco Security MARS Global Controller
• Course Review
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Students attending this class should have the following: - Fundamental knowledge of implementing network security - CCNA Security - SNRS, SNAF, and IPS Audience Technicians requiring CCSP Certification. Technicians using or designing networks with Cisco Security products
- Cancellation Policy
Compuease Cancellation Policy
We at Compuease work hard to arrange our schedules around your needs. Last minute cancellations put additional strain on our schedules and therefore we have the following Cancellation Policy for our Public Classes. You may cancel or reschedule a registration at any time up to 10 business days before the class without penalty. Canceling or rescheduling a registration within 10 business days requires full payment of the course fee. You are welcome to transfer your seat in a class to another individual at any time before the class.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 348 times.