This course is designed for people who are familiar with the Windows environment and any Office productivity application, and who wish to acquire competency in performing basic database operations and administration using the MySQL RDBMS.
- Course Outline
Storing and accessing data are part of a person's day-to-day activities. One of the most efficient and powerful ways of managing data is by using databases. Information can be stored, linked, and managed using a database application such as MySQL 5.1. In the Fundamentals of Databases Using MySQL course, you will work with the databases using MySQL.
You will work with databases by identifying the fundamental concepts of databases, creating a preliminary database design, applying normalization techniques, and familiarizing yourself with relational database management systems. Using various SQL commands, indexes, and views, you can work with and modify data efficiently within a database. Using features such as Enterprise Monitor and MySQL Administrator, you can manage users and administer and monitor a database.
This course is designed for people who are familiar with the Windows environment and any Office productivity application, and who wish to acquire competency in performing basic database operations and administration using the MySQL RDBMS or various similar SQL-based RDBMS products. The other student profile would be IT systems managers who will be working within a MySQL RDBMS-based enterprise IT department and need to interact in a productive manner with MySQL RDBMS technical professionals. It can also be used by students who wish to gain familiarity with database system terminologies and usage so as to pursue a career as a MySQL RDBMS technical professional.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the fundamental concepts of databases and explore the MySQL RDBMS interface elements.
- create a preliminary database design.
- apply normalization techniques to a database.
- use SQL commands to execute simple queries.
- use SQL compound statements to query efficiently.
- manage databases by creating views, indexes, and transactions.
- administer and maintain a database.
Lesson 1: Familiarizing Yourself with the Fundamentals of Databases
- Topic 1A: Identify the Database Development Life Cycle
- Topic 1B: Explore the MySQL RDBMS
- Topic 2A: Analyze Database Requirements
- Topic 2B: Identify Key Fields
- Topic 2C: Create Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Topic 3A: Normalize Tables
- Topic 3B: Denormalize Tables
- Topic 4A: Discuss Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Topic 4B: Create Tables Using the Data Definition Language (DDL) Commands
- Topic 4C: Modify Data Using Data Manipulation Language (DML) Commands
- Topic 5A: Use SQL Compound Statements
- Topic 5B: Create Triggers
- Topic 6A: Create Indexes
- Topic 6B: Create Views
- Topic 6C: Create Transactions
- Topic 7A: Perform Database Administration
- Topic 7B: Perform Backup and Recovery
- Prerequisites & Certificates
To be successful in this course, you should have some familiarity with the Microsoft Windows environment, Microsoft Office applications, or similar office productivity applications. The following ON-TRACK Computer Training courses or equivalent experience is suggested: - Introduction to Personal Computers: Using Windows Vista - Windows XP Professional: An Introduction In addition, some experience with a programming language such as C++ is helpful but not required. The following ON-TRACK Computer Training course or equivalent experience is suggested: - Introduction to Programming Using C++
- Cancellation Policy
Should you postpone or cancel your course you must give 5 business days notice.
- Map & Reviews
On Track Computer Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 393 times.