This 3-day intensive (10hr/day) is taught by top virtualization experts.
- Course Outline
This 3-day intensive (10hr/day) is taught by top virtualization experts. Course comes with lunch each day.
Get Two Classes for the Price of One!
Build your skills in this hands-on training course that delves deeply into the VMware View™ 4.6 product suite:
- Work with 3rd party tools and applications which simplify processes and make your job easier
- Install and configure View™ components
- Create persistent and nonpersistent desktop pools
- Configure virtual desktops for printing, USB redirection, and multimedia redirection
- Configure authentication using devices such as smart cards and cryptographic authentication fobs
- Use View Composer to deploy and manage linked clone virtual desktops
- Get an in-depth look at VMware® ThinApp™
Deploy Desktops Faster. Increase Security. Maximize Productivity.
Get the real-world experience you need and have come to expect from an Ultimate Bootcamp®!
If you wanted to be an expert of a certain technology, would you rather learn that technology from the engineers who wrote it or from award winning masters of the technology who use it in live business situations day in and day out?
The Mastering VMware View™ 4.6 training classes are taught by real administrators that have achieved top accreditations and have the real life experience you are looking for. Our industry leading training courses have turned more than 2,000 IT Professionals into the valuable assets their companies desperately need.
Who should Attend?
System administrators and system integrators experienced with VMware vSphere™ who are responsible for their organization’s deployment of VMware® technology for virtual desktop infrastructure.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction and Methodology
Chapter 2: Overview of VMware View
- Topic 1: VMware View Components
- Topic 2: VMware View Licensing and Requirements
Chapter 3: Planning, Sizing and Design Considerations
- Topic 1: VMware View Reference Architecture
- Topic 2: Design Process
- Topic 3: Who are the Clients
- Topic 4: Client Access
- Topic 5: Sizing and Configuration
- Topic 6: Other Architecture Briefs
Chapter 4: Installation of VMware View
- Topic 1: Installation Overview
- Topic 2: Installing Connection Server (HOL)
- Topic 3: Installing Composer (HOL)
- Topic 4: Configuring View Manager (HOL)
Chapter 5: Creating your first Virtual Desktop
- Topic 1: Managing View Desktops Overview
- Topic 2: Virtual Machine Desktop Considerations (HOL)
- Topic 3: Display Protocols
Chapter 6: Deploying Virtual Desktops
- Topic 1: Unified Access - Managing Non-VMware Desktops (HOL)
- Topic 2: Automated Desktop Pools (HOL)
- Topic 3: Managing Desktop Pools (HOL)
Chapter 7: Client Configuration
- Topic 1: VMware View Client (HOL)
- Topic 2: Thin Clients
- Topic 3: Local Mode
- Topic 4: Virtual Printing (HOL)
Chapter 8: Load Balancing and Replica Servers
- Topic 1: Scaling Out with Replica Connection Servers (HOL)
- Topic 2: Load Balancing and Fault Tolerance
Chapter 9: Security and Remote Access
- Topic 1: Port Utilization
- Topic 2: Security Roles and Administration
- Topic 3: Managing Remote Users (HOL)
- Topic 4: Controlling Desktops by Connection Server
- Topic 5: Smart Cards and SecurID
Chapter 10: VMware ThinApp
- Topic 1: ThinApp Overview and Installation
- Topic 2: ThinApp Operation (HOL)
- Topic 3: Testing Updating and Troubleshooting (HOL)
- Topic 4: Capturing Internet Explorer 6.0 (HOL)
- Topic 5: Integrating ThinApp with View 4.6 (HOL)
- Topic 6: Troubleshooting and Best Practices
Chapter 11: Monitoring VMware and View
- Topic 1: Tools for Optimization
- Topic 2: VM Performance Monitoring (HOL)
- Topic 3: Resource Pools
- Topic 4: Configuring Alarms (HOL)
- Topic 5: ESX and vCenter Logs (HOL)
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Experienced vSphere 4.x or 5 Administrators or have taken course VMW01VMware vSphere 4.1 Ultimate Boot Camp, VMW02 VMware® View 4.6 vSphere Basics for View Administrators, or VMW06 VMware vSphere® 5.0 Ultimate Bootcamp®
- Cancellation Policy
10 business day cancellation policy. if the course is confirmed and the student cancels within 10 days of the course, then they get charged and apply a credit for future courses. If they cancel outside of 10 business days, then there are no charges at all.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 851 times.