This course explores the general functions and features of File-AID that execute in batch mode.
- Course Outline
This course is intended for application programmers, data administrators, system analysts, business analysts, end users and testers. It looks at how data can be extracted, modified, and manipulated during application development, testing, and maintenance using batch-driven software incorporated within a JCL jobstream. This course also provides hands-on workshops to reinforce information presented by the instructor.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Perform general functions available in batch mode such as copying, formatted printing, and updating
- Write JCL statements to execute the File-AID batch program
- Define basic environment conditions during execution
- Provide selection criteria when performing batch functions
- Provide record count limits on datasets being processed
- Request statistics from File-AID
- Request special processing for JCL files
- Perform multiple actions against the same file
- Prerequisites & Certificates
The student requires working knowledge of ISPF/PDF; working knowledge of MVS concepts and file types; familiarity with JCL and COBOL or PL/1 programming languages.
- Cancellation Policy
Up to the 11th business day prior to class, a registration may be cancelled or rescheduled without charge. Thereafter the full course fee will be invoiced whether it's a cancelled or rescheduled. In which case a reschedule credit, valid for 1 year, will be issued. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 460 times.