This hands-on course is designed to provide a firm foundation in the procedures needed to write on-line applications using CICS.
- Course Outline
This course is intended for application programmers requiring CICS skills. The course targets both intermediate and experienced application programmers. This course will teach students how to code and debug CICS application programs written in COBOL. Case studies and hands-on exercise ensure an effective learning experience.
- To gain a general level of understanding of the CICS concepts, structure, and facilities.
- To develop a working knowledge of Basic Mapping Support and generate usage panels.
- To develop a strong understanding of pseudo-conversational programming techniques and CICS program structure.
- To write programs which take full advantage of CICS features.
- To gain experience in program problem resolution using interactive tools.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Students are assumed to have experience with the COBOL programming language. Students should also know how to use TSO/ISPF
- Cancellation Policy
Up to the 11th business day prior to class, a registration may be cancelled or rescheduled without charge. Thereafter the full course fee will be invoiced whether it's a cancelled or rescheduled. In which case a reschedule credit, valid for 1 year, will be issued. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 571 times.