This hands-on course provides the necessary knowledge to use the TSO/ISPF facility to effectively maintain application components in an MVS environment.
- Course Outline
This course is intended for programmers, programmer analysts, and systems analysts who will be developing new applications or involved in maintaining existing applications. The intended audience targets individuals with minimal experience in working in the TSO/ISPF development environment.
The course enables the student to understand and use the file system available on MVS, and use the TSO/ISPF facility to edit and maintain these files. Extensive hands-on exercises ensure an effective learning experience.
- Be able to create and manage Sequential and Partitioned data sets.
- Gain an understanding of the various file organizations and catalog facilities in MVS.
- Be able to access the help facility under MVS.
- Acquire general knowledge about TSO commands and how to use them within the ISPF facility.
- Learn how to effectively use the standard function keys used by ISPF.
- Learn how to modify the ISPF profile information to customize ISPF screens characteristics and EDIT profiles information.
- Acquire sufficient knowledge to be able to use primary and line prefix commands in the ISPF editor while editing or browsing data sets.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Students are assumed to have a basic understanding of computer hardware, software, and MVS programming principles.
- Cancellation Policy
Up to the 11th business day prior to class, a registration may be cancelled or rescheduled without charge. Thereafter the full course fee will be invoiced whether it's a cancelled or rescheduled. In which case a reschedule credit, valid for 1 year, will be issued. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 565 times.