This hands-on course provides a comprehensive and practical training for database administrators working in the DB2 for OS/390 UDB environment.
- Course Outline
The course is primarily intended for database administrators with less than a year of working experience. Application and technical support personnel will also find many of the topics directly relevant to their jobs.
Topics range from Database Design (data modelling, logical and physical design) to Administration (data integrity, backup and recovery, security, performance, application support) to a review of the DB2 product from a DBA perspective. Extensive hands-on exercises ensure that students acquire a ready to use, working knowledge of the different facets of the DBA"s toolkit.
- Understand the major components of the DB2 product and its relationship to other products in the OS/390 environment.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of all DB2 objects and be able to code DDL statements to maintain a database environment.
- Understand the DB2 database design process.
- To know how to implement a database.
- Be familiar with DB2(TM)s data integrity control mechanisms.
- Understand stored procedures and triggers and reasons for their use.
- Be able to utilize DB2(TM)s security and authorization to control access to the DB2 environment.
- Understand DB2 data access paths, the optimizer, and DB2(TM)s Explain facility.
- Understand the DB2 Catalog and use it to monitor database performance.
- Be able to create effective backup and recovery strategies for applications.
- Be familiar with database administration related utilities.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Minimum requirement is a good understanding of DB2 concepts and facilities. Ideally, students would have at least 3 months of practical DB2 experience either in application development or in database administration.
- Cancellation Policy
Up to the 11th business day prior to class, a registration may be cancelled or rescheduled without charge. Thereafter the full course fee will be invoiced whether it's a cancelled or rescheduled. In which case a reschedule credit, valid for 1 year, will be issued. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 630 times.