This course provides the necessary knowledge to effectively develop application programs in the DB2 for OS/390 UDB environment.
- Course Outline
This hands-on course covers all relevant topics from introductory relational concepts to a discussion of the SQL language to the review of the DB2 facilities necessary for application development. Hands-on exercises ensure an effective learning experience.
The course is intended for database administrators, systems analysts, and programmers who participate in the development of DB2 for OS/390 applications.
- Gain an appreciation for the major characteristics of the relational model and the components of DB2.
- Become familiar with DB2 objects.
- Gain a good understanding of the SQL language.
- Learn to code basic Data Definition Language (DDL) commands.
- Learn to effectively code Data Manipulation Language (DML) for both interactive and programmed environments.
- Learn how to prepare and test a program containing SQL.
- Gain an understanding of how DB2 controls concurrency and manages referential integrity.
- Learn DB2"s security and authorization components and Data Control Language (DCL).
- Understand the basic access paths to DB2 data and to be able to use the EXPLAIN facility.
- Become familiar with the DB2 Catalog and the major DB2 Utilities.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
No previous database experience is necessary, however, some familiarity with the OS/390 environment, basic TSO/ISPF skills, and a general understanding of application programming are assumed.
- Cancellation Policy
Up to the 11th business day prior to class, a registration may be cancelled or rescheduled without charge. Thereafter the full course fee will be invoiced whether it's a cancelled or rescheduled. In which case a reschedule credit, valid for 1 year, will be issued. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 505 times.