This course teaches you the necessary skills to capture business data requirements in a formal data model.
- Course Outline
This course teaches you the necessary skills to capture business data requirements in a formal data model. You are guided through all the steps to create first a conceptual, then a logical, and finally a physical data model. Because the course is not tool-specific, all the concepts and techniques you learn will allow you to perform data modeling by hand, or using the tools of your choice. This course also introduces you to the practical benefits of conducting data modeling sessions in a JAD-like environment. With the help of extensive, progressive workshop exercises and a detailed case study, you gain real-world, hands-on experience building a data model from start to finish.
Who Should Attend?If you will be responsible for performing business analysis, and creating a data model to document the results, this course is for you. This course will also help prepare people who need to participate in data modeling sessions, including end-users, SMEs and Information Systems personnel.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Use a proven, step-by-step process to create a rigorous, unambiguous data model.
- Describe the objectives of data modeling and how it is positioned within the system development life cycle.
- Differentiate between the conceptual, logical, and physical phases of data modeling.
- Construct an entity relationship diagram using the fundamental data modeling components: entity types, relationships and attributes.
- Use constructs of the relational model (e.g., tables columns, keys) to help you develop a logical data model.
- Apply a "bottom-up" approach to data modeling, including normalization up to fourth normal form.
- Plan, organize, and execute a data modeling project.
- Validate and confirm your data model using simple, effective techniques.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Although no data processing experience is necessary, an understanding of business requirements is very useful.
22.5 PDUs towards IIBA CBAP certification
- Cancellation Policy
Up to the 11th business day prior to class, a registration may be cancelled or rescheduled without charge. Thereafter the full course fee will be invoiced whether it's a cancelled or rescheduled. In which case a reschedule credit, valid for 1 year, will be issued. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 470 times.