This course gives you an opportunity to build strong facilitation skills, as you�(TM)re coached through a day-long series of practice exercises and instructor-led workshops.
- Course Outline
Whether you're a Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst, this one-day course equips you, with the skills you need to facilitate requirements workshops and model validation sessions. Increasingly, IT staff are asked to facilitate meetings, yet few have the people or meeting skills needed to effectively guide the process and participants to their desired outcomes. This is particularly so when analysts and stakeholders from different areas of the enterprise meet to develop and refine business and software requirements.
This course is designed for BAs, BSAs, Project Leaders and others who want to be more effective at facilitating requirements workshops, JADs and model validation sessions. This course is of value to anyone who wants to run effective meetings and ensure they run smoothly.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Define the role of the facilitator, and how it is different from simply participating in, or even chairing a meeting
- Create a realistic meeting agenda that is designed to organize the workshop proceedings, and lead its participants toward agreement
- Effectively indicate which role"facilitator or participant"you are playing at any time during the workshop
- Skillfully lead and manage the meeting process
- Recognize when you should intervene in the workshop proceedings, and when you should not
- Resolve disagreement or conflict between participants
- Use consensus-building tools such as voting, ranking and summarizing to improve stakeholder alignment
- Ask for agreement from participants and negotiate closure of issues Open, conduct and close a workshop session, and follow up on results
- Prerequisites & Certificates
A working knowledge of Business Analysis or Business Systems Analysis is a definite asset. You will be facilitating within practice workshop throughout the day and should be capable of speaking before a small group.
6.0 PDUs towards IIBA CBAP certification
- Cancellation Policy
Up to the 11th business day prior to class, a registration may be cancelled or rescheduled without charge. Thereafter the full course fee will be invoiced whether it's a cancelled or rescheduled. In which case a reschedule credit, valid for 1 year, will be issued. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 662 times.