This 2-day course provides the knowledge & skills to successfully implement MS Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) version 3.0 in their organizations. It emphasizes that students should think about the architecture of their entire environment, including..
- Course Outline
This two-day course provides students with the knowledge and skills to successfully implement Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) version 3.0 in their organizations. It emphasizes that students should think about the architecture of their entire environment, including business and application needs, during the planning and deployment phases. The course covers how to perform a clean installation of WSS 3.0 and also describes all the prerequisites required to select the most appropriate method for upgrading WSS from 2.0 to 3.0 in a specific scenario. In addition, the course focuses on how to manage WSS after it is configured.
Module 1 - Overview of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Overview of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Deleting Information
- Communication Issues Facing Organizations
- Why Solutions Fail?
- What Does WSS Do For The Business?
- Document Storage and Management
- Collaboration Support
- Information Management and Communication
- Demo - Overview of SharePoint
- Demo - Document and Storage Management
- Plan Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Environment
- Assessing Organizational Needs
- Assess the Reason For Building A Site
- Assess User Needs
- Site Hierarchy
- Planning Site Creation
- Site Security
- Server Requirements
- WSS Topology Design
- Demo - Site Creation
- Installing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Hardware and Software Requirements
- Demo - WSS Installation
- Security Requirements
- The Process of Configuring Sites
- Items To Consider
- Configuring Services - Things to Consider
- Web Application - Things to Consider
- Site Collection - Items to Consider
- Demo - WSS Central Administrative Panel
- Upgrading from Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 to 3.0
- Upgrading to WSS 3.0
- Upgrade Requirements
- Upgrading - Best Practices
- Site Customizations - Things to Consider
- Upgrade Process - Steps
- In-Place Upgrade - Things to Consider
- Primary Tasks for a Gradual Upgrade
- Database Migration
- Demo - Upgrade
- Demo - Troubleshooting
- Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- WSS 3.0 Site Management
- Configuring Site Collection Settings
- Considerations for Configuring Site Settings
- Best Practices - Monitoring WSS 3.0 Servers
- Managing Server Scalability - Guidelines
- Recovering Disk Space - Guidelines
- Demo - Create a Site Collection
- Course Closure
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course will be fully refunded less a $75 processing fee. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
Acend Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 582 times.