The primary objective of this course is to consider advanced subjects and techniques pertaining to the SQL database language, based upon the latest features available with the Oracle release.
- Course Outline
The primary objective of this course is to consider advanced subjects and techniques pertaining to the SQL database language, based upon the latest features available with the Oracle release. Even professionals experienced in other implementations of the industry-standard SQL language will benefit from the advanced and Oracle-specific features of SQL discussed in this course.
What you will learn
Among the specific subjects discussed in this course are:
- Learn to use the SQL99 join syntax and learn about the full range of join operations available, such as natural join, inner join, cross join, outer joins and others.
- Perform advanced SQL queries using techniques such as CASE structures, rollup and cube operations.
- Moving beyond basic table definitions, learn to define the full range of database objects, such as advanced table definitions and the creation of indexes, sequences, views and others.
- Use the powerful set of built-in SQL functions. These functions provide sophisticated manipulation of character, numeric and date data elements.
- Taking advantage of the latest features found within the Oracle release, such as the handling and tolerating DML errors without application interruption, newly added functions, and other topics.
- Obtain database object metadata from the data dictionary.
- Understand basic database security and object privileges.
- Protect database integrity and extend the conceptual data model using declarative constraints.
- Using SQL Developer and other available SQL interfaces.
- Develop complex SQL*Plus reports and reusable SQL*Plus scripts, as well as control the SQL*Plus environment.
The target audience for this course is all Oracle professionals. Further, this course is well suited for non-Oracle professionals already experienced in the SQL but who wish to become acquainted with the unique and advanced features of Oracle SQL. Among the specific groups for whom this course will be helpful are application developers and database administrators.
1. SQL99 join techniques
- Cross joins
- Natural joins
- Inner joins
- Outer joins
- Anti joins
- Using named subqueries
2. Enhancing groups with rollup & cube
- Using rollup
- Using cube
3. Using the case expression
4. SQL functions: character
- String formatting functions
- Ascii codes functions
- Pad & trim functions
- String manipulation functions
- String comparison functions
- Phonetic search functions
5. SQL functions: numeric
- About the numeric functions
- Null value functions
6. SQL functions: date
- Date format functions
- Date arithmetic functions
7. Database objects: relational views
- About database objects
- About relational views
- Updating view data
- Maintaining view definitions
- Alter view
- Drop view
8. Database objects: data dictionary storage
- About the data dictionary
- Object-specific dictionary views
- Understanding the data dictionary structure
9. Database objects: indexes
- About indexes
- Use b-tree indexes
10. Database objects: other objects
- More about creating tables
- About sequences
- Alter sequence & drop sequence
- Alter sequence
- Drop sequence
- About synonyms
- Drop synonym
- Create schema authorization
11. Database objects: security
- User passwords
- Object security
12. Data integrity using constraints
- About constraints
- Not null constraint
- Check constraint
- Unique constraint
- Primary key constraint
- References constraint
- Defining constraints on existing tables
13. Managing constraint definitions
- Renaming & dropping constraints
- Enabling & disabling constraints
- Deferred enforcement
- Set constraints
- Handling constraint exceptions
- Constraints with views
- Data dictionary storage
14. Advanced SQL*plus reports
- Ttitle & btitle
15. Optional - advanced SQL*plus reports
16. Optional - building SQL*plus scripts
- Using SQL*plus variables
- Define & undefine
17. Optional - SQL*plus session control
- Controlling system variables
- Prerequisites & Certificates
WA1705 Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I
- Cancellation Policy
Student's Right to Cancel Registration
If Customer cancels or reschedules an original registration for a class at least ten (10) business days prior to the class start date, Web Age Solutions will issue a full refund of fees paid for class. Customer is not otherwise entitled to a refund of fees paid or released from its obligation to pay for any registration cancelled or rescheduled by Customer, including without limitation a registration previously rescheduled by Customer. Payment for the course will not be refunded if cancellation is received less than ten (10) business days before the class start date. If you wish to send another student in your place, please contact Web Age Solutions at the number below.
Web Age Solution's Right to Cancel or Reschedule
Web Age Solutions reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class at any time. If a class is cancelled or rescheduled, Web Age Solutions will attempt to notify students ten (10) business days prior to the scheduled class start date. Web Age Solutions assumes no financial liability for any cancellation fees.
- Map & Reviews
Web Age Solutions
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 115 times.