Instructor-Led, Hands-On Delegation Skills Training
- Course Outline
| | ID: SSDEL0 | Course Length: 1|Module 0: Course Details|
- Duration: 1 Day
- Test Your Delegation Skills.
- Prerequisites: be in a Supervisory Or Management Position
- Learning Objectives:
- Identify How Delegation Fits Into Your Job and How It Can Make You More Successful.
- Understand the Degrees of Delegation and of Authority
- Identify Different Ways of Delegating Tasks.
- Understand the Steps of the Delegation Process.
- Give Instructions and Feedback for Better Delegation Results.
- Ask Better Questions and Listen More Effectively.
- Recognize Common Delegation Pitfalls and How To Avoid Them.|Module 1: Introduction And Course Overview|
- Course Overview
- Course Objectives
- Establishing Personal Objectives|Module 2: What Is Delegation|
- Delegation Not Abdication
- Five Degrees of Delegation
- Characteristics of An Effective Delegator
- How Well Do You Delegate Exercise|Module 3: Why Delegate|
- The Benefits of Delegation To You, Your Employees and the Organization
- Delegation and Motivation
- Delegation and Development
- Self-assessment|Module 4: Barriers To Delegation|
- Why People Don’t Delegate
- Common Barriers To Effective Delegation
- Overcoming Barriers
- Symptoms of Poor Delegation
- Identify Your Barriers Exercise|Module 5: The Delegation Process|
- When and When Not To Delegate
- Dealing with Difficult People
- What Can and Cannot Be Delegated
- Understanding the Steps of the Delegation Process
- Exercise|Module 6: Pre-assignment Review|
- Case Study|Module 7: Picking The Right Person|
- Identifying the Right Delegate
- Preparing and Empowering Delegates|Module 8: The Delegation Meeting|
- Planning the Delegation Meeting
- Making the Delegation
- The Eight Steps of the Delegation Meeting|Module 9: Levels Of Authority|
- The Four Levels of Authority
- Role Play Exercise|Module 10: Giving Instructions|
- Three Types of Instructions
- Guidelines for Providing Clear Instructions
- Small Group Exercise|Module 11: Giving Effective Feedback|
- Guidelines for Giving Effective Feedback
- Case Studies|Module 12: Developing Good Communication Skills|
- The Communication Funnel
- Characteristics of Effective Communication
- Communicating Well in Difficult Situations
- How To Actively Listen While Providing Feedback
- Asking Thoughtful Questions
- How Do You Rate Your Listening Ability|Module 13: Monitoring Delegation|
- How To Monitor Delegation
- Methods of Monitoring
- When Things Go Wrong
- Case Study|Module 14: Practicing Delegation|
- Role Play|Module 15: Delegation And Time Management|
- Time Planning and Delegation
- Strategies To Minimize Misuse of Time
- Establishing Good Time-practices|Module 16: Delegation Checklist|
- Checklist for Becoming a Good Delegator|Module 17: Developing A Plan Of Action|
- Developing a Personal Action Plan
- Course Evaluation
- Prerequisites & Certificates
be in a Supervisory Or Management Position
- Cancellation Policy
For courses bought at the regular price 10 Business days are required for cancellations.
For courses bought at the 'last-minute' price - all Registration are final
- Map & Reviews
CBIT Training Ottawa
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1103 times.