In this hands-on, VMware®-authorized course based on ESXi 5.0 & vCenter Server 5.0, you'll learn to install, configure & manage VMware vSphere, which consists of VMware ESXi & VMware vCenter Server.
- Course Outline
- Gain hands-on experience using VMware ESXi 5.0 and vCenter Server 5.0.
In this hands-on, VMware®-authorized course based on ESXi 5.0 and vCenter Server 5.0, you will learn to install, configure, and manage VMware vSphere, which consists of VMware ESXi and VMware vCenter Server. You will spend approximately 40% of instruction time completing hands-on labs.
Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking the VMware Certified Professional 5 exam (voucher not included). It also prepares you to enroll in any of several more-advanced vSphere 5.0 courses.
Who Needs to Attend
Operators responsible for ESXi and vCenter Server
What You'll Learn
- Install and configure ESXi
- Install and configure vCenter Server components
- Configure and manage ESXi networking and storage using vCenter Server
- Deploy, manage, and migrate virtual machines
- Manage user access to the VMware infrastructure
- Use vCenter Server to monitor resource usage
- Use vCenter Server to increase scalability
- Use VMware vCenter Update Manager to apply ESXi patches
- Use vCenter Server to manage higher availability and data protection
1. VMware Virtualization
- Virtualization, virtual machines, and vSphere components
- Server, network, and storage virtualization concepts
- Where vSphere fits into the cloud architecture
- Install and use vSphere user interfaces
- Virtual machines, virtual machine hardware, and virtual machine files
- Deploy a single virtual machine and virtual machine appliance
- vCenter Server and database requirements
- vCenter Server architecture
- Deploy a vCenter Server appliance
- View and create vCenter Server inventory objects
- Create and manage a standard virtual switch
- Modify standard virtual switch properties
- Configure ESXi with iSCSI, NFS, and Fibre Channel storage
- Create and manage vSphere datastores
- Configure, deploy, and manage the VMware Virtual Storage Appliance
- Deploy virtual machines using templates, cloning, and VMware vCenter Converter?
- Modify and manage virtual machines
- Create and manage virtual machine snapshots
- Perform VMware vMotion® and Storage vMotion migrations
- Control user access through roles and permissions
- Configure and manage the ESXi firewall
- Integrate ESXi with Active Directory
- vShield Zones
- Control virtual machine access to CPU, memory, and I/O resources
- VMkernel methods for optimizing CPU and memory usage
- Monitor resource usage using vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms
- Strategies for backing up ESXi hosts
- Backup/recovery APIs
- Strategies for backing up virtual machines
- Configure and manage a VMware High Availability (HA) cluster
- Configure fault-tolerant virtual machines using VMware Fault Tolerance
- Configure and manage a VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) cluster
- Configure Enhanced vMotion Compatibility
- Using VMware HA and DRS together
- Manage ESXi patching and patch compliance using vCenter Update Manager
- ESXi Installable installation
- vCenter Server installation
- Additional vCenter Server module installation
You will spend approximately 40% of class time completing hands-on labs.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 9788 times.