Apply the process to identify the required activities when filling an open position, structure your activities & line of questioning to protect all candidates' legal & human rights, and many more.
- Course Outline
The average stay in a position or company today is two to three years.
Demographic shifts are forecasted to result in a shortage of labour over the next two decades. Cutbacks in human resources continue to accentuate the need to hire the best talent available. As a result, Interviewing and Selection have become core skills for all people managers.
Filling an open position or creating and filling a new position is a challenging task for any manager or HR professional. The objective is to attract, select and place the best possible candidate.
Finding the right person for the job can be difficult, especially in a tight employment market for a high demand or unique skill set. Getting the approval to expand your team or filling an open position during times of economic challenges also puts additional pressure on you to make the best hiring decision possible.
Applying a consistent Interviewing and Selection process, focused on assessing the candidates' ability to succeed in the key job requirements, will increase the success of your hiring decisions. When you match the right candidate to the right job, everyone benefits - the new hire, you as the hiring manager, the team and the organization.
What You'll Learn
- Apply the process to identify the required activities when filling an open position
- Structure your activities and line of questioning to protect all candidates' legal and human rights
- Define the key job requirements for the position, and identify the points in the process when each requirement will be assessed
- Structure and conduct behavioral interviews to gather meaningful candidate information
- Assess the candidates' ability to demonstrate or perform the key job requirements
- Use the information collected to build consensus and make sound hiring decisions
All managers and Human Resources professionals who participate in the hiring process.
1. Benefits for the Individual
- Proven interviewing and selection process with practical tools and techniques
- Useful resources to develop understanding of legal and human rights considerations
- Improved understanding of how to define key job requirements and how to apply these criteria at each stage of the process
- Improved ability to apply behavioral interviewing techniques for more effective interviews
- Increased confidence in making hiring decisions and selecting the right candidate
- Consistent and targeted interviewing and selection activities
- Greater organizational awareness of legal and human rights considerations in the interviewing and selection process
- Improved skill and confidence of people tasked with interviewing and selecting new talent
- Increased organizational competence in making hiring decisions
- The right people matched to the right jobs
- Prerequisites & Certificates
7 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1884 times.