This course for teaches participants how to use DITA to identify valuable enterprise information assets, apply structure to unstructured content, and transform content for delivery to multiple channels and audiences.
- Course Outline
The Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) is an XML-based architecture for authoring, managing, and publishing your organization's technical content.
DITA was designed to meet the evolving needs of organizations in the face of today's business requirements - for managing and publishing content for multiple products, multiple audiences, and multiple output formats.
This course for web application designers, software architects, enterprise content managers, and other information architects teaches participants how to use DITA to identify valuable enterprise information assets, apply structure to unstructured content, and transform content for delivery to multiple channels and audiences.
Upon successful completion attendees will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of DITA
- Understand the current DITA architecture and schemas
- Understand the roles performed by DITA content creators, developers, information architects, user experience designers, and managers
- Understand the relationship between DITA and other standards and technologies, such as DocBook, OWL, RDF, XBRL, and Information Mapping®
- Determine when to use DITA versus custom schemas for structuring information
- Determine the value of developing and deploying specialized DITA information types
- Create DITA specialized types
- Incorporate support for existing taxonomies into DITA content
- Design and manage DITA maps
- Identify opportunities for enhancing existing applications with DITA or creating new DITA applications
- Locate resources for DITA standards, tools, and expertise
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- XML - Essentials or familiarity with XML concepts and syntax.
Certificate of Completion * Participants receive reference materials related to course topics, plus a complete software package for creating, managing, and publishing DITA XML content. Follow up support by email on topics covered, is available to participants for 90 days (4 hour limit).
- Cancellation Policy
For training cancelled within 14 business days prior to the course date: 25% of the total training fee.
For training cancelled within 7 business days prior to the course date: 50% of the total training fee.
For training cancelled less than 5 business days prior to the course date: 100% of the total training fee.
Note: Failure to attend a course without notification of cancellation will result in a 100% charge of the total course fee.
- Map & Reviews
Front Runner Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 237 times.