- Microsoft Sharepoint Training
- 50470B: Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 for the Site Owner/Power User
This two-day instructor-led course is designed for the site owner/"power user" of a SharePoint site who needs to know how to create sites and lists, manage user access and customize lists and pages.
- Course Outline
This two-day instructor-led course is designed for the site owner/power user of a SharePoint site who needs to know how to create sites and lists, manage user access and customize lists and pages. This class uses the SharePoint Server 2010 version of SharePoint. While it is of equal value for users of SharePoint Foundation, it does include a few features not found in Foundation.
This course is designed for the site owner/ "power user" of a SharePoint site who needs to know how to create sites and lists, manage user access and customize lists and pages.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Manage Sites and Site Collections
- Add users and groups and manage site, list, folder and item security
- Add and configure web parts
- Configure sites, include themes, title, description and icon
- Configure site navigation
- View site activity reports
- Customize lists and libraries
- Work with Site Columns and Site Content Types
- Create Forms libraries
- Configure Check out/in, Content Approval and Versioning
- Create and modify pages and web part pages
Module 1: The Role of the Site Owner
- The role of the site owner / power user
- The tools for the site owner
- A review of SharePoint basics
- List Settings
- Customizing Columns
- Site Columns
- Content Types
- Creating Lists by Importing Excel Files
- Creating and Modifying Views
- Content Types
- Communications Options
- Overview of Workflows
- Creating Forms Libraries from InfoPath
- Creating Web Pages
- Creating Web Part Pages
- Site Customization
- Site Navigation
- Web Parts
- Users and Groups
- Adding users
- Adding Site Collection Administrators
- Reviewing permissions
- Sending E-mail to site users
- List and Library Permissions
- Creating Groups
- Creating Custom Permission Levels
- Managing User Alerts
- Site Web Analytics Reports
- Site Collection Web Analytics Reports
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Before attending this course, students must have: Working knowledge of SharePoint 2010 and know how to navigate a SharePoint site and SharePoint lists.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations less than 2 business weeks before the expected delivery date are eligible for a 50% refund, or a credit voucher will be provided for regularly scheduled courses (choice being that of the registrant). Credit Vouchers are transferable within the same company. Please send your cancellation notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Map & Reviews
Itplanit Services Corp.
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 389 times.