- Microsoft SQL Training
- 6234 A Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services
This 3-day course teaches students how to implement an Analysis Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Analysis Services development tools to create an Analysis Services database & an OLAP cube, & how to use the Analysi
- Course Start Date: Dec. 12
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 Days
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Assisted (Mentored)
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Microsoft SQL Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
This three-day course teaches students how to implement an Analysis Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Analysis Services development tools to create an Analysis Services database and an OLAP cube, and how to use the Analysis Services management and administrative tools to manage an Analysis Services solution.
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
This module introduces common analysis scenarios and describes how Analysis Services provides a powerful platform for multidimensional OLAP solutions and data mining solutions. The module then describes the main considerations for installing Analysis Services.
- Overview of Data Analysis Solutions
- Overview of SQL Server Analysis Services
- Installing SQL Server Analysis Services
- Lab: Using SQL Server Analysis Services
- (Level 200) Installing SQL Server Analysis Services
- (Level 200) Verifying Installation
- Describe data analysis solutions
- Describe the key features of SQL Server Analysis Services
- Install SQL Server Analysis Services
This module introduces the development tools you can use to create an Analysis Services multidimensional analysis solution and describes how to create data sources, data source views, and cubes.
- Developing Analysis Services Solutions
- Creating Data Sources and Data Source Views
- Creating a Cube
- (Level 200) Creating a Data Source
- (Level 200) Creating and Modifying a Data Source View
- (LEvel 200) Creating and Modifying a Cube
- Develop Analysis Services Solutions
- Create a data source and a data source view
- Create a cube
This module describes how to edit dimensions and to configure dimensions, attributes, and hierarchies.
- Configuring Dimensions
- Defining Attribute Hierarchies
- Sorting and Grouping Attributes
- (Level 200) Configuring Dimensions
- (Level 200) Defining Relationships and Hierarchies
- (Level 200) Sorting and Grouping Dimension Attributes
- Configure Dimensions
- Define Hierarchies
- Sort and Group Attributes
This module explains how to edit and configure measures and measure groups.
- Working with Measures
- Working with Measure Groups
- Lab: Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- (Level 200) Configure Measures
- (Level 200) Defining Dimension Usage and Relationships
- (Level 200) Configuring Measure Group Storage
- Work with Measures
- Work with Measure Groups
This module introduces multidimensional expressions (MDX) and describes how to implement calculated members and named sets in an Analysis Services cube.
- MDX Fundamentals
- Adding Calculations to a Cube
- (Level 200) Querying a Cube by Using MDX
- (Level 200) Creating a Calculated Member
- (Level 200) Defining a Named Set
- Describe Multidimensional Expression (MDX) fundamentals
- Add calculations to a cube
This module explains how to customize a cube by implementing key performance indicators (KPIs), actions, perspectives, and translations.
- Implementing Key Performance Indicators
- Implementing Actions
- Implementing Perspectives
- Impementing Translations
- (Level 200) Implementing a KPI
- (Level 200) Implementing an Action
- (Level 200) Implementing a Perspective
- (Level 200) Implementing a Translation
- Impement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Implement actions
- Implement perspectives
- Implement translations
This module describes how to deploy an Analysis Services database to a production server, and how to implement security in an Analysis Services multidimensional solution.
- Deploying an Analysis Services Database
- Securing an Analysis Services Database
- (Level 200) Deploying an Analysis Services Database
- (Level 200) Securing an Analysis Services Database
- Deploy an Analysis Services database
- Secure an Analysis Services database
This module discusses the maintenance tasks associate with an Analysis Services soluton, and describes
how administrators can use the Analysis Services management tools to perform them.
- Configuring Processing
- Logging, Monitoring, and Optimizing an Analysis Services Solution
- Backing Up and Restoring an Analysis Services Database
- (Level 200) Confirguring Processing
- (Level 200) Implementing Logging and Monitoring
- (Level 200) Backing Up and Restoring an Analysis Services Database
- Configure processing settings
- Log, monitor, and optimize an Analysis Services solution
- Back up and restore an Analysis Services database
This module introduces data mining, and describes how to implement data mining structures and models. It then explains how to validate data model accuracy.
- Overview of Data Mining
- Creating a Data Mining Solution
- Validating Data Mining Models
- (Level 200) Creating a Data Mining Structure
- (Level 200) Adding a Dta Mining Model
- (Level 200) Exploring Data Mining Models
- (Level 200) Validating Data Mining Models
- Describe data mining
- Create a data mining solution
- Validate data mining models
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certification of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course will be fully refunded less a $75 processing fee. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
Acend Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Toronto Training Center
69 Yonge St
Canada M5H 1A1
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 6 times.