We have enhanced this course and added depth to the standard labs, using a topology that simulates a typical production network. You'll use ASA 5520 appliances to work through configuring access control to and from your network.
- Course Outline
Cisco Course 2.0 | ASA Software v8.4 | Prepares you for Cisco Exam 642-618 FIREWALL.
Gain the skills needed to configure, maintain, and operate the firewallfeatures of the Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances (ASAs).
We have enhanced this course and added depth to the standard labs, using atopology that simulates a typical production network. You'll use ASA 5520appliances to work through configuring access control to and from your network.
A Global Knowledge Exclusive: Bonus Lab Credits
You'll receive 10 extra e-Lab credits (good for 30 days) to review a topicafter class, refine your skills, or get in extra practice-whatever labactivities complete your training.What You'll Learn
- Technology and features of the Cisco ASA
- Cisco ASA product family
- How ASAs and Cisco PIX Security Appliances protect network devices fromattacks
- Bootstrap the security appliance
- Prepare the security appliance for configuration via the Cisco AdaptiveSecurity Device Manager (ASDM)
- Launch and navigate ASDM
- Perform essential security appliance configuration using ASDM and the CLI
- Integrate the ASA with Cisco Secure ACS for TACACS+ command authorization
- Integrate the ASA with Cisco Secure ACS for RADIUS network access control
- Configure auto and manual network address translation (NAT)
- Configure access policy based on the Global Access Control List (ACL)
- Configure access policy based on interface ACLs
- Use object groups to simplify ACL complexity and maintenance
- Use the Modular Policy Framework to provide unique policies to specificdata flows
- Handle advanced protocols with application inspection
- Deep packet inspection of application layer traffic
- Troubleshoot with TCPping, Syslog, Packet Tracer, and packet capture
- Configure access control based on authenticated users
- Configure the security appliance to run in transparent firewall mode
- Enable, configure, and manage multiple contexts to meet security policyrequirements
- Select and configure the type of failover that best suits the networktopology
- Monitor and manage an installed security appliance
- Anyone who implements and maintains Cisco ASA firewalls
- Network security specialists and technicians
- Candidates seeking CCNP Security certification
- VPN 2.0 - Deploying Cisco ASA VPN Solutions
- IPS - Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System v7.0
- SECURE - Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches
- ACS 5.2 - Cisco Secure Access Control System
This course is part of the following programs or tracks:
- Cisco ASA Specialist
- CCNP Security - Cisco Certified Network Professional Security
- Cisco Firewall Security Specialist
1. Cisco ASA Introduction
- Cisco ASA Technologies
- Cisco ASA Families
- Cisco ASA Licensing Options
- Preparing the Cisco ASA for Network Integration
- Managing Basic Cisco ASA Network Settings
- Configuring Cisco ASA Device Management Features
- Configuring Cisco ASA NAT Features
- Configuring Cisco ASA Basic Access Control Features
- Configuring Cisco ASA Routing Features
- Configuring the Cisco ASA Transparent Firewall
- Defining the Cisco ASA Modular Policy Framework (MPF)
- Configuring Cisco ASA Connection Policy and QoS Settings
- Configuring Cisco ASA Advanced Application Inspections
- Configuring Cisco ASA User-Based Policies
- Configuring Cisco ASA Interface Redundancy Features
- Configuring Cisco ASA Active/Standby High Availability
- Configuring Security Contexts on the Cisco ASA
- Configuring Cisco ASA Active/Active High Availability
Lab 1: Enhanced - Preparing the ASA for Administration
Lab 2: Enhanced - Fundamental ASA Configuration
Lab 3: Enhanced - AAA for Administrative Access
Lab 4: Enhanced - Network Address Translation
Lab 5: Enhanced - Basic Access Control
Lab 6: Exclusive - ICMP, uRPF, and Troubleshooting Tools
Lab 7: Enhanced - Transparent Firewall
Lab 8: Enhanced - Basic Protocol Inspection
Lab 9: Enhanced - Advanced Protocol Inspection
Lab 10: Enhanced - User-Based Policies
Lab 11: Enhanced - Active/Standby Failover
Lab 12: Enhanced - Active/Active Failover
- Prerequisites & Certificates
ICND1 - Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 1 IINS 2.0 - Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security
35 Cisco Learning Credits
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 11569 times.