In this highly participative one-day course, you will learn and practice a four-step coaching process.
- Course Start Date: Feb. 24
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 1 day
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Coaching Skills Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Coaching has emerged as an essential skill in today's business world. Applying a coaching mindset and skills will help you to become more effective and creative as a leader and contributor in your organization. And it will enable the people you coach to do the same.
In this highly participative one-day course, you will learn and practice a four-step coaching process. From starting coaching conversations, ensuring skillful dialogue and exploration of coaching topics, to overcoming resistance, you will learn the process, skills, and techniques to effectively coach to a desired outcome. You will actively engage with a real-work scenario throughout the course, practice each of the steps in the coaching process, and plan to apply your approach back on the job.
Who Needs to Attend
Leaders at all levels: vice presidents, directors, managers, supervisors, team leaders, peer coaches, project
managers and anyone who wants to be more effective and creative as a leader and contributor
Benefits for the Coach
- Better understand the reality of the people you coach
- Build trust and mutual respect
- Open up new possibilities
- Gain commitment to desired future
- Enhance communication skills
- Increase confidence in the ability to coach
- Explore issues in collaborative and creative ways
- Discover new possibilities
- Create opportunity for open and honest conversations
- Experience increased personal and organizational support
- Provide opportunities to stretch capabilities
- Enhance personal commitment to responsibilities
- Increase engagement of employees
- Create a culture of coaching
- Reduce employee turnover
- Understand your coaching capabilities through a coaching assessment
- What coaching is and is not
- Apply and practice the four-step Coaching Process (Initiate, Clarify, Explore, Act) in a real work situation
- Create an environment of mutual respect and trust
- Use questioning techniques to better identify the coaching topic
- Gain commitment from employees on the coaching topic
- Actively listen to solicit information and increase employee comfort
- Engage in non-judgmental questions with employees to open up new possibilities
- Check and challenge your / your employees' assumptions to overcome barriers and blind spots
- Promote brainstorming to discover alternatives, new frames of reference, and ways forward
- Reframe problems to overcome old frames of reference and limiting beliefs
- Select alternatives for the way forward
- Overcome resistance to new ideas and stretch personal capabilities
- Contract a mutual agreement of accountability for the way forward
- Follow up effectively on progress toward the desired future
- Apply this practical learning in the workplace immediately
- Seek feedback on coaching skills
- Prerequisites & Certificates
7 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Toronto Bloor EAST
2 Bloor Street EAST
Canada M4W 1A8
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 68 times.