You will be immersed in the overall concepts, processes, policies & methods associated with the continual service improvement (CSI) phase of the service lifecycle. Learn about managing & controlling the activities & techniques within the CSI stage, not t
- Course Start Date: Jul. 4
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 4 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:ITIL Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Learn to manage and control the activities and techniques within the ITIL continual service improvement stage.
Thousands of students have achieved ITIL certifications with the help of our training. We're so confident in our ITIL training, we guarantee your success on the Intermediate ITIL exams or your money back. Visit www.globalknowledge.ca/itilguarantee for details.
In this course, you will be immersed in the overall concepts, processes, policies, and methods associated with the continual service improvement (CSI) phase of the service lifecycle. You will learn about managing and controlling the activities and techniques within the CSI stage, not the details of each of the supporting processes. This course includes lecture, exercises, and scenario-based exam questions to increase your understanding of the core disciplines of ITIL best practices and position you to successfully complete the associated exam. The exam is offered on the last day of the course at 3:00 pm.
Please note: The ITIL Foundation certification is required to take the exam at the end of class. Proof of certification must be provided no later than the first day of class.What You'll Learn
- Service management as a practice and CSI principles, purpose, and objective
- How all CSI processes interact with other service lifecycle processes
- Sub-processes, activities, methods, and functions used in each of the CSI processes
- Roles and responsibilities within CSI and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure CSI performance
- Technology and implementation requirements in support of CSI
- Challenges, key performance indicators (KPIs), critical success factors (CSFs), and risks related with CSI
- IT operations, technical, or IT management personnel requiring more information about ITIL best practices
- Anyone responsible for managing, implementing, or consulting on ITIL processes within IT or in conjunction with IT
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Strategy
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Design
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Transition
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Operation
- ITIL® Service Capability: Planning, Protection, and Optimization
- ITIL® Service Capability: Service Offerings and Agreements
- ITIL® Service Capability: Release, Control, and Validation
- ITIL® Service Capability: Operational Support and Analysis
- ITIL®: Managing Across the Lifecycle
This course is part of the following programs or tracks:
- ITIL® Certifications
Emphasis on Practicing, Not Preaching
Our courses maximize learning through intensive, hands-on exercises. Ourexperiential design puts theory into practice and dramatically improves yourlearning experience, professional development, and retention. It is thedifference between memorizing facts and building competency. We use morechallenging scenarios and offer greater detail and practice of each concept thantraditional courses, so you will return to work more knowledgeable and withgreater expertise.Free Templates with Every Course
Creating templates to support your methodology is expensive and time consuming.We make it easy for you to adopt best practices quickly and easily by includingour CD of 110 templates with this course. You can easily customize the templatesfor use throughout your organization.Flexible Courses That Fit Your Needs
Building our courses with individual lesson objects allows us to easilycustomize a solution that meets the needs of your organization. From editingstandard course curriculum to creating a custom course that complements the bestpractices of your organization, we have the experience and expertise to deliverexactly what you need.Customization for Organizations
Using our SOLVE methodology (Surround, Originate, Launch, Validate, Evolve), wecan assess your organization's unique learning needs and goals, design andimplement a tailored solution, and provide continuous program improvements. Wealso offer curriculum-planning services to help maximize the return on yourorganization's training investment.Course Outline
1. Continual Service Improvement
- Purpose, Objectives, and Scope
- Business Value
- CSI Approach
- Context of CSI within the Service Lifecycle
- Inputs and Outputs
- CSI Success Depends on Understanding Change within an Organization
- CSI Success Depends on Clear Ownership and Accountability
- How the CSI Register Supports CSI
- CSI is Driven and Influenced by Service Level Management
- Importance of Knowledge Management and the Deming Cycle to CSI
- CSI Used to Ensure Effective Governance
- Frameworks, Models, Standards, and Quality Systems Supporting CSI
- Purpose, Objectives, and Scope
- Business Value
- Policies, Principles, and Basic Concepts
- Process Activities, Methods, and Techniques
- Triggers, Inputs, Outputs, and Process Interfaces
- Other Processes Support the Seven-Step Improvement Process
- Gap Analysis
- Service and Process Measurement
- Metrics and Measurement Frameworks
- Calculating Return on Investment
- Service Reporting Policies and Principles
- How Availability Management, Capacity Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Problem Management, and Knowledge Management Support CSI
- Service Owners
- Process Owner and Process Managers
- Process Practitioners
- CSI Manager
- The Nature of the Seven-Step Improvement Process Activities and the Skills Required
- CSI Manager vs. Other Supporting Roles
- How Responsibility, Accountability, Consultancy, or Informational (RACI) Models Can Be Used to Clarify Roles and Responsibilities for CSI
- IT Service Management Suites
- Systems and Network Management Tools
- Event management
- Automated Incident/Problem Resolution
- Performance Management
- Statistical Analysis Tools
- Project and Portfolio Management Tools
- Financial Management Tools
- Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools
- Critical Considerations and Where to Start
- Role of Governance to CSI
- Effect of Organizational Change for CSI
- Communication Strategies and Plans
- Challenges Facing CSI
- CSFs for CSI
- Risks Associated with Implementing CSI
- Prerequisites & Certificates
ITIL Foundation certification (required) Two years of relevant work experience To prepare for the end-of-class exam, we recommend that you review the ITIL 2011 publication Continual Service Improvement (2011 Edition, ISBN 9780113313082) and complete at least 21 hours of personal study
28 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Toronto Bloor EAST
2 Bloor Street EAST
Canada M4W 1A8
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 16 times.