This course helps ensure leaders know and understand this most important of leadership competencies.
- Course Outline
Effective communication is critical to a leader's individual success and the organization's ability to accomplish its goals.
The activities leaders do all day involve communication. Good communication is a vital element of success, and yet, in most organizations it is identified as the skill requiring the most improvement. What is said and how it is said is only the beginning of effective communication. When done well, leader communication can positively impact the working environment, engage team members, and build trust. Or it can do the opposite.
This course helps ensure leaders know and understand this most important of leadership competencies. Through good communication, leaders bring clarity to team vision and values, work collaboratively with peers, delegate deliberately, provide constructive feedback, and coach for performance.Benefits for the Individual
Enhanced ability to communicate in the workplace by:
- Applying effective questioning techniques using open, closed, clarifying, and confirming question types
- Identifying and applying important listening habits
- Leveraging your Personal Needs to ensure you are getting what you need out of any communication
- Identifying others' Personal Needs to ensure the communication appeals to what's important to them
- Identifying and addressing the facts, episodes, and feelings that surround a topic you need to communicate
- Practicing with common communication blunders
- Increased likelihood of achieving organization's strategic goals
- Enhanced employee engagement
- Improved culture of transparency
- Ensure that the message you want to convey is the message that is heard
- Build stronger connections to individuals and teams in the workplace
Leaders at all levels: vice presidents, directors, managers, supervisors, team leaders and project managersFollow-On Courses
- Motivate for Full Engagement
- Delegate Deliberately
- Provide Feedback to Gain Momentum
- Coach. Coach. Coach.
1. Who Said That?
- Uncovering the impact on the team when a leader communicates
- Tools to help leaders clearly communicate to ensure the message received is the one intended
- Four step model to ensure the change the leader is requesting is understood and acted upon
- Communication is a combination of three factors that must be aligned for clarity of communication
- Types of questions with the greatest impact in communication
- Tailoring messages to meet other's needs
- Understanding your own personal needs and the needs of others to effectively lead
- Determining which of the four suggested responses are 'more or less' correct in a communication scenario
- Leaders practice applying facts, episodes, and feelings to tailor communication to appeal to others
- Listening Habits Quiz to
- Techniques you want to improve upon
- What do you already do well?
- Using the tools from the course to approach communication blunders
- Correcting common communication blunders in two scenarios
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Prework for this course should be completed one week in advance and brought to class.
Certificate of Completion 4 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1381 times.