This course covers the principles of how architectural drawings are structured. Students will learn how to interpret Plot Plans, Floor Plans, Elevations and Sectional Views.
- Course Outline
Drawings contain the information necessary to efficiently and properly construct a house or a building. This course covers the principles of how architectural drawings are structured. Students will learn how to interpret Plot Plans, Floor Plans, Elevations and Sectional Views. They will also get familiar with Abbreviations, Symbols, Specifications and Materials used in Construction. Students will be exposed to extensive hands-on activities using real industry prints and real architectural settings.
Who should attend?
This informative course can be taken by anybody who wants to improve his/her Design Interpretation skills in the architectural field (Construction Workers/Technologists, CAD Designers, Interior Designers, etc.)
- Construction Professionals (and their responsibilities)
- Type of Drawings (Isometric, Perspective, Orthographic projection)
- The Building Codes
- Lines, Symbols, Abbreviations, Scales and Dimensions
- Orientation (Plot Plans, Elevations, Sections, Details)
- Written Descriptions
- Windows, Doors and Stairways (Representation and Regulations)
- Measuring and Sketching
- Construction Materials
- Electrical and Mechanical Materials and Components
- Frame construction
- Masonry Construction
- Foundations (footing and Walls)
- Solid Brick Walls
- Metal Framing (Steel Framing Members)
- Brick Veneer Residence Design Factors
- Brick Veneer Residence typical Drawings
- Specifications (Outline Spec., Complete Spec., Masterformat)
- Roof Framing (Terminology, Reading Truss Plans)
- Commercial Buildings (Regulations and Design Methods)
- Commercial Buildings Drawings.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of Participation & Completion
- Cancellation Policy
- If your course has been canceled, you will receive a full refund.
- If you are withdrawing from a course, prior to the day of the first scheduled class, you will receive the full refund less a $25 administrative fee.
- If you withdraw before the end of the 3rd class, you will receive the full refund less 50% of the course materials fee and a $25 administrative fee.
- If you withdraw later than 3 classes from the course start date you will not receive a refund.
- There are no refunds allowed on one-day courses or courses of 12 hours or fewer unless you withdraw officially ten business days before the start of the course
- Map & Reviews
Leonardo College of Design
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1438 times.