This course is designed for new users of Word. The course will provide you with the basic concepts required to produce simple business documents.
- Course Start Date: Dec. 16
- Location: Edmonton
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 1 Day
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Microsoft Word Training Courses
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
This course is designed for new users of Word. The course will provide you with the basic concepts required to produce simple business documents. Upon completion of this course students will be able to edit a document using paragraph alignment, moving, copying, replacing text and enhancing text appearance by using quick styles. Formatting features such as tab stops, indents, bullets, numbering and line spacing will also be introduced. Students will also work with margins, page breaks, headers and footers to enhance page layout in different views.
- Understanding the Word Program Screen
- Giving Commands in Word
- Using Command Shortcuts
- Creating a New Document
- Opening a Document
- Previewing and Printing a Document
- Saving a Document
- Closing a Document
- Using Help
- Entering and Deleting Text
- Selecting and Replacing Text
- Navigating through a Document
- Browsing a Document
- Viewing a Document
- Checking Spelling and Grammar
- Finding and Replace Text
- Using Word Count and the Thesaurus
- Copying and Moving Text
- Using Undo, Redo and Repeat
- Changing Font Type
- Changing Font Size
- Changing Font Color and Highlighting Text
- Changing Font Styles and Effects
- Applying Bullets and Numbers
- Changing Paragraph Alignment
- Changing Line Spacing
- Changing Spacing between Paragraphs
- Copying Formatting
- Setting Tab Stops
- Adjusting and Removing Tab Stops
- Using Left and Right Indents
- Using First Line and Hanging Indents
- Using Quick Styles
- Adjusting Margins
- Changing Page Orientation and Size
- Using Headers and Footers
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Basic computer concepts, skills and knowledge of Windows
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
10 business days cancellation or full course fee will be charged
- Map & Reviews
Technology Training Centre
[ View Provider's Profile ]
TTC, B-11 Cameron Library
University of Alberta
Canada T6G 2J8
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 17 times.