In this hands-on course you will learn the principles, tools and techniques for business analysis to effectively communicate with business and technical stakeholders.
- Course Outline
Advance your career through professional development training in Business Systems Analysis
In the evolving world of Modern Business, there is an increasing demand for effective and experienced Business Systems Analysts who can effectively understand and capture quality requirements and manage IT program initiatives. This is especially true in economic downturns.
In this hands-on course you will learn the principles, tools and techniques for business analysis to effectively communicate with business and technical stakeholders. You will experience how use cases techniques are applied in a project, encountering real project challenges, through a case study. You will acquire the tools and the insight to decide how to apply use case techniques in any project, confident that your approach will be effective. The course focuses on various aspects of business analysis including requirements elicitation, requirements management, UML modeling, Use case specifications and software testing & quality assurance. The emphasis of the course is on hands-on training on tools & techniques that can immediately be put to use at the workplace.
• Capture the business needs of your stakeholders and translate those business needs into effectively written use cases that will satisfy the business needs of your customers.
• Apply best practice approaches to ensure completeness of your use case model
• Design and develop prototypes alongside use cases to really engage your stakeholders (without any technical knowledge)
• Conduct requirements-workshop sessions, Brainstorming / JAD sessions
• Use industry's leading tools like Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Mercury Quality Center, Mercury Quick Test " Professional etc.
• Create requirements & other project documentation including Requirements Management Plan, Vision Document, Business Requirements Document (BRD) etc.
• Use UML 2 – the current industry OO standard – in preparing use case, Activity, Class & Sequence Diagrams
NEW - We now offer Specialization in the following three areas:
- Business Intelligence
- Enterprise Resource Planning
Who Should Attend
Any individual who would simply like to increase their understanding of Business Systems Analysis for career or professional development objectives
Day 1: Business Analysis Overview
• Role of a Business Systems Analyst
• Common Business Analysis activities and challenges
• Understanding Requirements
• Mastering the Rational Unified Process
• Working with Use Cases
• Managing Requirement Deliverables
Day 2: Requirements Elicitation and Management
• Advanced Use Case Analysis
• Conducting Joint Requirement Sessions
• UML 2.0 Diagrams
• Writing clear Software Requirement Specifications
• Conducting Requirement Workshops
Day 3: Class Project
• Conduct a Joint Requirement Session
• Create Requirements Deliverables
Day 4: Class Project (Contd.)
• Write software specifications and conduct requirements walk-through
• Manage change in requirements and obtain sign-off
Nitin is the lead Business Analyst within the extended Ministry of Health portfolio and has over 8 years of professional industry experience. He is responsible for analyzing the business needs of his clients and acts as a liaison among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems.
Greg is a Business analyst consultant with over 8 years of professional industry experience. He has led successful projects and has been applying business analysis techniques in many large organizations (TD Canada Trust, Microsoft, First Data, Sprint) in Canada and the USA. Greg has extensive experience in CRM, Business Intelligence, Data warehousing and enterprise reporting.
Shivir has over eight years of diverse Global IT experience as a Business Analyst in various roles, with the last three years spent in the Banking domain as a Consultant for Wachovia Bank (US) ,Symcor ( Canada) and Royal Bank of Canada. He has also worked for clients in Telecom and Travel Industries in the United Kingom. Currently Shivir is lending his expertise as a Business Analyst to RBC, Canada on Anti Money Laundering projects for FINTRAC.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Before taking this course, participants should have at least 2-3 years of general business experience (any role)
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
# A full 3 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date. Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee for that course date will be charged.There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 3 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 3 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 405 times.