Implementing Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux (course 3089) is designed to provide hands-on experience using the Linux platform to host Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 services.
- Course Outline
Implementing Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux (course 3089) is designed to provide hands-on experience using the Linux platform to host Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 services. This course should reduce the fear of migrating to Linux the services currently running on NetWare.
The audience for this course is the community of NetWare Certified Novell Engineers (CNEs) who are interested in moving, or are planning to move, their servers from NetWare to Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 or are planning to add Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 servers to their existing network. It is assumed that the audience for this course is interested in obtaining the Novell Certified Engineer (NCE) Enterprise Services certification.
This course covers a broad range of topics, many of which are listed below:
* Introduction Section
* Introduction to Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
* Install Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
* Manage Boot Process and Run Levels Section
* Manage File Systems and Volumes
* Manage User and File Security
* Manage Packages, Processes, and Services
* Translate NetWare Tasks to Linux Server Administration Tasks
* Install and Manage Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 Services on Linux
* Manage Storage and Volumes
This course helps prepare your for the Novell Certified Engineer (NCE-ES) certification (050-709).
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Students in this course should be current NetWare 6 or Novell Open Enterprise Server NetWare CNEs, or have equivalent experience with the NetWare 6, 6.5, or Open Enterprise Server for NetWare product. This includes strong experience with the following: * NetWare 6 or later server administration * Novell Storage Services (NSS) * Novell Client Protocol (NCP) * Novell eDirectory * Certificate Server * DNS/DHCP * Novell iFolder * Novell iPrint * Novell NetStorage * Novell iManager * Novell iMonitor * Novell Remote Manager
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
There is no refund available for:
* Courses paid for using vouchers.
* Cancellations less than 10 business days before the first day of class.
* Classes in progress or completed.
* Days where the student did not attend.
If the course is "Guaranteed To Run", then a 20% administrative fee is applied for all cancellations.
Spark National will provide a full refund when the above cases do not apply
- Map & Reviews
Spark National Technical Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 922 times.