Designed for users who have little or no experience with Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML), & Cascading Style sheets(CSS), two of the languages used to create web pages on the internet. Topics included: What is an HTML document, creating a web page...
- Course Start Date: Dec. 8
- Location: Edmonton
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 Days
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:HTML Training Classes
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
This course is designed for users who have little or no experience with Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML), and Cascading Style sheets(CSS), two of the languages used to create web pages on the internet.
This course will cover the following topics:
What is an HTML document, creating a web page - basic structure, headings, text and paragraphing lists. Linking URLs and to specific sections, adding images, adding tables, & troubleshooting. Students will learn
the different tags, and how to style them using CSS to customize every part of the website, quickly and proficiently.
- The internet, the web, and HTML
- Open but not equal
- The browser wars
- The push for standards
- CSS and browser support
- What advantages does CSS have?
- A web page's text content
- File names and file structure
- Links, images, and other non-text content
- Versions, flavors, and DOCTYPE
- The display of HTML and CSS
- Sizing of web page
- Understanding the structure
- Understanding the options of a web page
- Targeting your design
- Creating a new web page
- Saving your web page
- Specifying a default or “home” page
- Editing web pages
- Organizing files
- Viewing your page in a browser
- Finding the source code
- Starting your HTML
- Creating the link for CSS
- Starting your CSS
- Creating a title
- Creating section headers
- Starting a new paragraph
- Breaking up a page into divisions(div's)
- Adding comments in HTML and CSS
- Creating line breaks
- Creating your own naming conventions
- Labeling elements in a HTML
- Labeling elements in CSS
- Making text bold or italic
- Changing the size of text
- Explaining abbreviations
- Centering elements on a page
- About images for the web
- Getting images
- Choosing an image editor
- The save for web command
- Inserting images on a page
- Aligning images
- Specifying size for speedier viewing
- Adding horizontal rules
- Making images smaller
- Making images float
- Creating a link to another web page
- Creating internal links
- Creating email links
- Targeting links to specific windows
- Creating image links
- Creating ordered and unordered lists
- Choosing your markers (bullets)
- Styling nested lists
- Advantages and dis-advantages
- Creating a simple table
- Adding a border
- Setting the width
- Centering a table
- Aligning a cell's contents
- Changing the background
- Some debugging techniques
- Check the easy stuff first
- Testing your page
- When images dont appear
- When backgrounds dont appear
- Differences from browser to browser
- CSS to the rescue
- Bringing CSS and XHTML together
- Basic rules
- Class and ID selectors
- Attribute selectors
- Using document structure
- Pseudo-classes and Pseudo-elements
- Length Units
- Font families, weights and size
- Styles and variants
- Using fonts correctly
- Indentation and horizontal alignment
- Vertical alignment
- Text decoration
- Basic boxes
- Inline -elements
- Altering element display
- Basic element boxes
- Generated content
- System fonts and colors
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Basic computer concepts/skills and knowledge of Windows
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
10 business days cancellation or full course fee will be charged
- Map & Reviews
Technology Training Centre
[ View Provider's Profile ]
TTC, B-11 Cameron Library
University of Alberta
Canada T6G 2J8
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 42 times.