In this hands-on course you'll learn the principles, tools & techniques for business analysis to effectively communicate with business & technical stakeholders. Experience how use cases techniques are applied in a project, encountering real project...
- Course Outline
Advance your career through professional development training in Business Systems Analysis
In the evolving world of Modern Business, there is an increasing demand for effective and experienced Business Systems Analysts who can effectively understand and capture quality requirements and manage IT program initiatives. This is especially true in economic downturns.
In this hands-on course you will learn the principles, tools and techniques for business analysis to effectively communicate with business and technical stakeholders. You will experience how use cases techniques are applied in a project, encountering real project challenges, through a case study. You will acquire the tools and the insight to decide how to apply use case techniques in any project, confident that your approach will be effective. The course focuses on various aspects of business analysis including requirements elicitation, requirements management, UML modeling, Use case specifications and software testing & quality assurance. The emphasis of the course is on hands-on training on tools & techniques that can immediately be put to use at the workplace.
* Capture the business needs of your stakeholders and translate those business needs into effectively written use cases that will satisfy the business needs of your customers.
* Apply best practice approaches to ensure completeness of your use case model
* Design and develop prototypes alongside use cases to really engage your stakeholders (without any technical knowledge)
* Conduct requirements-workshop sessions, Brainstorming / JAD sessions
* Use industry's leading tools like Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Mercury Quality Center, Mercury Quick Test " Professional etc.
* Create requirements & other project documentation including Requirements Management Plan, Vision Document, Business Requirements Document (BRD) etc.
* Use UML 2 – the current industry OO standard – in preparing use case, Activity, Class & Sequence Diagrams
NEW - We now offer Specialization in the following three areas:
- Business Intelligence
- Enterprise Resource Planning
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Any individual who would simply like to increase their understanding of Business Systems Analysis for career or professional development objectives
Day 1: Business Analysis Overview
· Role of a Business Systems Analyst
· Common Business Analysis activities and challenges
· Understanding Requirements
· Mastering the Rational Unified Process
· Working with Use Cases
· Managing Requirement Deliverables
Day 2: Requirements Elicitation and Management
· Advanced Use Case Analysis
· Conducting Joint Requirement Sessions
· UML 2.0 Diagrams
· Writing clear Software Requirement Specifications
· Conducting Requirement Workshops
Day 3: Class Project
· Conduct a Joint Requirement Session
· Create Requirements Deliverables
Day 4: Class Project (Contd.)
· Write software specifications and conduct requirements walk-through
· Manage change in requirements and obtain sign-off
Nitin is the lead Business Analyst within the extended Ministry of Health portfolio and has over 8 years of professional industry experience. He is responsible for analyzing the business needs of his clients and acts as a liaison among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems.
Greg is a Business analyst consultant with over 8 years of professional industry experience. He has led successful projects and has been applying business analysis techniques in many large organizations (TD Canada Trust, Microsoft, First Data, Sprint) in Canada and the USA. Greg has extensive experience in CRM, Business Intelligence, Data warehousing and enterprise reporting.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Before taking this course, participants should have at least 2-3 years of general business experience (any role)
- Cancellation Policy
Please note that while all classes should be marketed as "In-Class" and enrolments are welcome for all 3 locations, Millennium reserves the right to convert a class to "Virtual, Instructor Led" if enrolments for a certain location is less than 5 students.
If the student wishes to cancel the registration for some reason, the following refund policy will apply:
- Refund request 15 days before course start date 50% of tuition (or student will pay 50% of tuition if the same has not been paid yet)
- Refund request 7 days before course start date 25% of tuition (or student will pay 75% of tuition if the same has not been paid yet)
- Refund request less than 7 days before course start date No refund (or student will pay 100% of tuition if the same has not been paid yet)
- Map & Reviews
Millennium Communications & Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 254 times.