This three-day hands-on course introduces students to the primary feature set and basic interface of Final Cut Pro. In this course you learn to perform basic editing functions while familiarizing yourself with the user interface.
- Course Outline
This three-day hands-on course introduces students to the primary feature set and basic interface of Final Cut Pro. In this course you learn to perform basic editing functions while familiarizing yourself with the user interface. Topics include basic setup, adjusting and customizing preferences and settings, capturing video and audio, various editing and trimming techniques, ripple, roll, slip and slide tools, audio editing and audio creation, finishing and final output.WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Final Cut Pro and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
- Overview of OSX
- Optimization of the OS for Final Cut Pro
- Introduction to the Final Cut Pro Interface
- Final Cut Pro User Preferences, System
- Settings and Audio Video Settings
- Log, Capture, and Importing
- Understanding the Browser
- Exploring the Viewer
- Trimming in the Viewer
- Insert, Overwrite, Replace, Fit to Fill and Superimpose Edits
- Customizing the Timeline
- Drag and Drop Editing
- Trimming Edit Points
- Edit Project 1 (The Beer Commercial)
- Text – Basic 1
- Applying a Filter – Basic 1
- Applying a Transition – Basic 1
- Split Edits and “L” Cuts
- Edit Project 2 (The News Edit)
- Fixing out of sync audio
- Adjusting poor audio
- Text – Basic 2 - lower 3rds
- Applying “A BUG” (Station Identifier)
- Mixing Audio Tracks
- Recording a Narration Track
- Importing CD track and optimizing MP3s
- Changing Audio Levels
- Exporting Finished Sequences
- Print to Video, Edit to Tape
- Changing Motion Properties
Become Apple Certified
Included with your course fees, Witz offers each participant a chance to become certified immediately following the course, or at anytime up to 6 months later.
This course covers exam content for:
Final Cut Pro 7 Level One Exam (9L0-827)
towards earning the certification of:
- Final Cut Pro 7 Level One
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course: * Basic knowledge of the Macintosh OS * Basic knowledge of editing terminology is recommended
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations within 120 of course - 40% cancellation fee
Cancellations within 60 days of course - 75% cancellation fee
Cancellations within 30 days of course - 100% cancellation fee
Rebooking to a later class - $250
In cases of extreme conditions some exceptions may be made at the discretion of Witz Apple management , please contact us to discuss.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 232 times.