This course offers hands-on labs designed to expose you to advanced virtualization concepts & the VMware® vSphere 4.0 product suite. This comprehensive class prepares you to become a certified professional virtualization expert with the CVE 4.0® cert...
- Course Outline
The VMware® vSphere 4.0 Ultimate Bootcamp® is taught by top virtualization experts and offers hands-on labs designed to expose the student to advanced virtualization concepts and the VMware® vSphere 4.0 product suite. This comprehensive class prepares the student to
become a certified professional virtualization expert with the Certified Virtualization Expert 4.0® (CVE 4.0®) certification to attest to their knowledge of the material and technology.
Ultimate Bootcamps are designed to give the student in-depth skills training through hands-on experience with state-of-the art equipment.
The focus of the VMware vSphere 4.0 Ultimate Bootcamp training course is to instill the knowledge required for the student to do their job efficiently and effectively. To accomplish this, we provide a comprehensive Beginner to Advanced training experience, starting from the installation of the
licensed product to real world troubleshooting scenarios. The course focus is not limited only to learning and harnessing the power of VMware® but the entire concept of virtualization and other 3rd party tools and technologies that will enhance VMware® capabilities and increase the student’s virtualization expertise.
- Five (5) 10 hour days of intense instruction with no outside distractions.
- Personal access to the top virtualization experts in the industry.
- Each student is provided their own dedicated server for practice and application.
- 50 + labs to hone the student's skills and gain a 360° perspective on how to build and maintain virtual environments.
- Install, configure, deploy, secure, analyze, consolidate and design virtual networks from beginner to advanced levels.
- Lunch and snacks provided on each day of class.
- Application of third party solutions to simplify processes and make the job easier.
- Post-mentoring from the best virtualization instructors in the industry.
- A higher market value for students becoming a Certified Virtualization Expert™.
**HOL – A Hands-on Lab is provided for students on this chapter.
Chapter 1 - Course Introduction and Methodology (HOL)
Chapter 2 - Virtualization Overview
Chapter 3 - Planning and Installing ESX 4
· (HOL)Planning ESX 4 Server Deployment
· Deployment Guidelines
· ESX 4 Installation (HOL)
· ESX 4 Management
· Configuring Hostname Resolution and NTP (HOL)
· Troubleshooting ESX 4 Server
Chapter 4 - Using Tools to Administer a VMware Environment
· Overview of 3rd Party Tools (HOL)
· Windows Commands vs. Linux Commands
· ESX 4 Configuration Commands
· Summary of Remote CLI Commands
Chapter 5 - Configuring Networking
· Create & Modify Virtual Networks (HOL)
· Create & Modify Virtual Networks using CLI (HOL)
Chapter 6 - Configuring Storage
· Storage Concepts
· iSCSI Storage (GUI & Cmd Line) (HOL)
· Fibre Channel Storage (GUI & Cmd Line)
· VMFS Datastores (GUI & Cmd Line) (HOL)
· NAS Storage and NFS Datastores (GUI & Cmd Line) (HOL)
· Raw Device Mapping (RDM) (HOL)
Chapter 7 - VirtualCenter and License Server
· vCenter Server 4 Installation (HOL)
· vCenter Server 4 Inventory (HOL)
· Managing vCenter Server 4 5. Planning vCenter Server 4 Deployment
· Troubleshooting vCenter Server 4 Deployment
· Troubleshooting the vSphere Client (HOL)
Chapter 8 - VM Creation and Configuration & Snapshots
· Create a VM (HOL)
· Create Multiple VMs, Templates & Clones (HOL)
· Virtual Appliances (HOL)
· VMware vCenter Converter 4 (P2V, V2V) (HOL)
· Manage VMs *HOL 6. Virtual Machine Startup / Shutdown
· Virtual Machine Snapshots (HOL)
· Web Access (HOL)
· Troubleshooting Virtual Machines
Chapter 9 - Security and Permissions
· Security Overview (HOL)
· User Access (HOL)
· ESX AD Integration (HOL)
· Managing Firewalls (HOL)
· Advanced Security: SSH & SUDO (HOL)
Chapter 10 - Advanced ESX and VirtualCenter Management
· Configuring Resource Pools (HOL)
· Configuring VMotion (HOL)
· Storage VMotion (HOL)
· Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) (HOL)
· Resource Pools in DRS Clusters (HOL)
· Host Profiles (HOL)
· vNetwork Distributed Virtual Switch (HOL)
· Cisco Nexus 1000v Virtual Switch
Chapter 11 - Patching and Upgrading ESX
· Patching ESX Server 4 (HOL)
· Upgrades and Migrations (HOL)
· Update Manager (HOL)
· Upgrading from ESX 3.x to ESX 4.x (HOL)
Chapter 12 - Disaster Recovery and Backup
· Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
· High Availability (HA) (HOL)
· VMware Fault Tolerance
· Microsoft Clustering
· Backup Strategies
· Using VCB Command Line Utilities (HOL)
· VMware Data Recovery (HOL)
· Third Party Backups (HOL)
Chapter 13 - Server and VM Monitoring
· Tools for Optimization
· Monitor VM Performance (HOL)
· Configuring Alarms (HOL)
· Collecting Log Files (HOL)
Chapter 14 - Installing and Configuring ESXi (HOL)
· ESXi 4 Server Install (HOL)
· Managing ESXi 4 with VIC
· Managing ESXI 4 through VirtualCenter
*Please note that this content is meant to be a guideline.
Class material is subject to change and may be presented in a slightly different format than listed.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion This price does not include the exam $195.00. Lunch and snacks provided on each day of class.
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course, will be subject to a 15% administration fee, and course ware fees where applicable. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
TekSource Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 693 times.