- Microsoft Exchange Server Training
- 5047B: Introduction to Installing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
At the end of this three-day course, students who are new to Microsoft Exchange Server will learn how to configure and manage a messaging environment in accordance with technical requirements; Install MS Exchange Server 07 &manage routing, client access
- Course Outline
At the end of this three-day course, students who are new to Microsoft Exchange Server will learn how to configure and manage a messaging environment in accordance with technical requirements. Students will learn how to install Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and manage routing, client access, and the backup and restore of databases. They will also learn how to manage addressing and recipient objects such as mailboxes, distribution groups, and contacts.
Audience Profile:After completing this course, students will be able to:
IT Professionals, IT generalists, and help desk professionals who want to learn about Exchange Server 2007 are the audience for this course. IT Professionals, IT generalists and help desk professionals should have at least 3 years experience working in the IT field—typically in the areas of network administration, help desk, or system administration. No experience with Exchange Server is necessary.
- Describe how Exchange Server 2007 and the Active Directory directory service work together.
- Install Exchange Server 2007.
- Configure Mailbox server roles.
- Manage recipient objects.
- Manage e-mail and address lists.
- Manage client access.
- Manage Messaging Transport.
- Manage availability, backup and recovery.
- Maintain the messaging system.
- Review of Active Directory
- Introduction to the Integration of Active Directory and Exchange Server 2007
- Discussion: Explaining How Exchange Server 2007 and Active Directory Work Together
- Describe the core components of the Active Directory directory service.
- Describe the integration of Active Directory and Exchange Server 2007.
- Introduction to the Exchange Server 2007 Server Roles
- Installing Exchange Server 2007
- Completing the Exchange Server 2007 Installation
- Preparing the Environment for an Exchange Server 2007 Installation
- Installing Exchange Server 2007 Client Access Server and Hub Transport Server Roles
- Verifying an Exchange Server 2007 Installation
- Describe the Exchange Server 2007 server roles.
- Install Exchange Server 2007.
- Overview of Exchange Server 2007 Administration Tools
- Implementing Mailbox Server Roles
- Managing Public Folder Databases
- Configuring Storage Groups and Database Files
- Configuring a Public Folder and Store Referrals
- Describe the Exchange Server 2007 Administration Tools.
- Implement Mailbox Server roles.
- Manage Public Folder databases.
- Managing Mailboxes
- Managing Other Recipients
- Overview of Managing Public Folders
- Modifying Existing User Mailboxes
- Configuring New Mailboxes and Mail-Enabled Objects
- Managing Resource Mailboxes
- Managing Mailbox Removal
- Manage mailboxes.
- Manage other recipients.
- Manage public folders.
- Manage Mailbox removal.
- Configuring E-Mail Address Policies
- Configuring Address Lists
- Overview of Bulk Recipient Management Tasks
- Managing E-Mail Address Policies
- Managing Address Lists
- Performing Recipient Bulk Management Tasks
- Configure e-mail address policies.
- Configure address lists.
- Describe bulk recipient management tasks.
- Implementing Client Access Servers
- Implementing Client Access Features
- Implementing Outlook Web Access
- Introduction to Implementing Mobile Messaging
- Managing Mobile Device Connectivity
- Managing Outlook Web Access
- Implement client access servers.
- Implement client access features.
- Implement Outlook Web Access.
- Implement Mobile Messaging.
- Introduction to Message Transport
- Implementing Message Transport
- Troubleshooting Local Message Delivery
- Troubleshooting Remote Message Delivery
- Troubleshooting Message Transport
- Describe how Message Transport works in Exchange Server 2007.
- Implement Message Transport.
- Implementing High-Availability for Mailbox Servers
- Managing a Backup Solution
- Managing a Recovery Solution
- Restoring Data using the Recovery Storage Group
- Implement high-availability for mailbox servers
- Manage a backup solution.
- Manage a recovery solution.
- Overview of Implementing Change Management
- Overview of Updating Exchange Servers
- Determining the Information Necessary for Change Implementation
- Describe implement change management.
- Describe how to update Exchange Servers.
With (R)Evolution, TekSource is transforming the way IT professionals receive training. Our courses are led by Certified Instructors and supported by online course mentors. Course content is delivered through expert video modules and interactive features, in tandem with virtual lab exercises and progress quizzes. When you take training with TekSource, you get a comprehensive training solution that incorporates the following value add components into one “revolutionary” offering:>
We start the learning process well before you arrive at our door with lots of communication and information. Our instructors, coordinators and facilitators will ensure that when course participants arrive, they will have all the tools they need to be successful and students will have already started to learn
In our Facility with Certified instructors
With (R)Evolution, each course is supported by a certified instructor who facilitates, coaches and mentors the students through the learning process - their only job is to ensure our students’ success. Students attend class in one day increments (which can be non-consecutive days for multi-day courses).
* Since the course content is provided by the expert video modules, the in-class instructor can devote 100% of their time to individual instruction and guidance.
* Our exclusive consultative learning approach ensures that the needs of each student are assessed and support during and subsequent to the course is tailored to them.
Expert Video Modules
(R)Evolution guarantees consistent, high quality instruction, and uniform delivery of the course material mapped to official vendor course curriculum with no missed topics.
* Content is delivered by World Class Experts and Certified Trainers and it has been edited and produced so that students are presented the best possible delivery of the course material.
* Self Scheduled progress matches the learning speed of each student – it allows for instant review, and results in improved retention.
Throughout the Learning experience, instruction is reinforced with practical exercises, lab exercises completed in live lab environments and progress checks that give immediate feedback to the student regarding their progress.
* Keeps students engaged, on track and in line with their objectives
* Provides instant feedback, real time results and acts as a measure for the instructor to provide further mentorship
Online Mentoring and Support
The online mentoring support that is included with (R)Evolution starts when the student enters the classroom and continues for 6 months. As both a 3rd training resource in the classroom and as a valuable support service that is available 24/7, students have yet another mechanism to support their learning.
* Reinforces learning and acts as a support during the classroom session
* Assistance applying course concepts
* Access to our facility and ability to re-take some or all of the training is absolute assurance that required learning is received.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
This course requires that students meet the following prerequisites: Working knowledge of Windows Server operating system. For example, how storage is configured, basic backup and restore techniques, and what a client/server application interaction means. Working knowledge of network technologies. For example, what Transmission Control Protocol (TCPIP) and Domain Name System (DNS) do and how to use them, basic routing concepts (Wide Area Networks (WAN) vs. Local Area Network (LAN) router vs. switch vs. hub). Working knowledge of Active Directory. For example, how user objects are managed, what is stored in Active Directory partitions, basic architectures (domain, forest, sites, etc.), and how domain controllers are managed. Also, site and site connector configuration, schema and configuration partitions, and Global Catalogs. Conceptual understanding of e-mail technologies For example, that Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) is a protocol used for e-mail and the differences between transport protocols and client access protocols (Post Office Protocol (POP), Internet Access Message Protocol (IMAP), SMTP).
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course, will be subject to a 15% administration fee, and course ware fees where applicable. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
TekSource Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 457 times.