SharePoint provides an easy-to-use web platform for managing complex, collaborative projects. This course will teach the user how SharePoint can be used for project management by utilizing features such as document libraries, task lists & Gantt charts..
- Course Start Date: Mar. 23
- Location: Edmonton
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 Days
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Microsoft Sharepoint Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
SharePoint provides an easy-to-use web platform for managing complex, collaborative projects. This course will teach the user how SharePoint can be used for project management by utilizing features such as document libraries, task lists and Gantt charts, meeting spaces and more.
Setting Up the PMIS
- How Will You Organize Your PMIS?
- Using Site Templates
- Creating a SharePoint Site
- Workshop 2.1: Establishing the SharePoint PMIS Foundation
- Customizing the PMIS
- Workshop 2.2: Refining Your PMIS
- Using SharePoint Lists
- Creating SharePoint Lists
- Workshop 3.1: Creating and Populating Lists
- Using Libraries
- Creating s Document Library
- Populating a Document Library
- Workshop 3.2: Creating and Populating a Document Library
- Organizing Project Information
- Project Communications Plan
- Site Access in SharePoint
- Creating SharePoint Groups
- Adding Site Members
- Customizing Permissions
- Workshop 4.1: Adding Site Members
- Enabling Document Management Solutions
- Workshop 5.1: Updating a Project Document
- Facilitating Team Collaboration
- Workshop 5.2: Creating a Document Workspace
- Tracking Project Tasks
- Tracking Risks
- Workshop 6.1: Updating the Schedule and Tracking Risks
- Controlling Changes with Windows
- Workshop 6.2: Creating a Change Control System with Three-
- State Workflow
- Custom Views
- Workshop 7.1: Creating a Custom View
- Using Web Parts for Interactive Reporting
- Workshop 7.2: Maximizing Project Reporting with Web Parts
- Subscribing to Alerts
- Using Meeting Workspaces
- Workshop 7.3: Creating a Meeting Workspace
- Integrating Microsoft Project into SharePoint
- Workshop 8.1: Using Microsoft Project
- Using Microsoft Excel and SharePoint
- Workshop 8.2: Synchronizing Excel with SharePoint
- Prerequisites & Certificates
The user should be familiar with the basic concepts about using a SharePoint site including logging on to a SharePoint site, navigating through a SharePoint site, uploading content to and downloading content from a SharePoint, opening files from SharePoint sites. The user should also have a basic familiarity with project management concepts. Although not necessary, it would be useful for the user to have a basic understanding of MS Project.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
10 business days cancellation or full course fee will be charged
- Map & Reviews
Technology Training Centre
[ View Provider's Profile ]
TTC, B-11 Cameron Library
University of Alberta
Canada T6G 2J8
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 15 times.