Learn the basics of working with digital images, how to select, size, and manipulate parts of the image, and use the layers to combine different images together. This course will also cover steps and tools for adding text; colour; layer effects; & more.
- Course Outline
Learn the basics of working with digital images, how to select, size, and manipulate parts of the image, and use the layers to combine different images together. This course will also cover steps and tools for adding text; colour; layer effects; adjusting and colour correcting of images; as well as saving images for other applications and the Web. CORE TOPICS Photoshop’s Environment Sizing Images
- Raster and Vector Graphics
- Photoshop Environment Elements
- Navigating in Photoshop
- Images Size and Resolution
- The Rectangular and Elliptical Marquee Tools
- The Magic Wand, Lasso, & Magnetic Lasso Tools
- Saving and Modifying Selections
- Floating versus Fixed Selections
- Undoing Previous Steps
- Copying Selections
- Creating and Transforming Layers
- Copying Layers between Images
- Arranging Layers
- Saving Images in Photoshop Format
- Opacity and Blending Modes
- Feathering Edges
- Mode Characteristics
- Grayscale and Bitmap Modes
- Colour Modes
- Selecting Colours
- Painting Tools
- The Clone Stamp Tool
- Type Layers and Layer Effects
- Merging and Flattening Layers
- Levels Adjustment Layers
- Toning Tools
- Saving for Use in Print Applications
- Saving for the Web
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Computer Basics and MS Word. Image editing/clipart experience an asset
Certificate of completion.
- Cancellation Policy
# A full 3 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date. Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee for that course date will be charged.There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 3 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 3 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 520 times.