- Microsoft SQL Training
- 2790 A: Troubleshooting and Optimizing Database Servers using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
This workshop teaches database administrators working in enterprise environments how to determine and troubleshoot performance issues using Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- Course Outline
This workshop teaches database administrators working in enterprise environments how to determine and troubleshoot performance issues using Microsoft SQL Server 2005. The primary focus of this workshop is to teach the overall process of troubleshooting.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for current professional database administrators who have three or more years of on-the-job experience administering SQL Server database solutions in an enterprise environment.
Lesson 1: Building a Monitoring Solution for SQL Server Performance Issues
- Narrowing Down a Performance Issue to an Environment Area.
- Guidelines for Monitoring Database Servers and Instances by Using Profiler and Sysmon.
- Guidelines for Auditing and Comparing Test Results.
- Narrowing Down a Performance Issue to a Database Object.
- How the SQLdiag Tool Can Be Used to Analyze Outputs.
- The Methodology of Optimizing a Query Environment.
- The Query Performance Troubleshooting Process.
- Use of Database Tuning Advisor to Troubleshoot the Query Environment.
- The Methodology of Troubleshooting SQL Server Connectivity Issues.
- Areas to Troubleshoot for Common Connectivity Issues.
- What Are SQL Server 2005 Endpoints?
- The Methodology of Troubleshooting SQL Server Data Issues.
- The Process of Troubleshooting Data Integrity Issues.
- How Torn Pages Can Be Resolved using a Single-Page Restore.
- The Methodology of Troubleshooting Concurrency Issues.
- What Are SQL Server Latches?
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- 2780 Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database - 2779 Implementing a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database - 2778 Writing Queries Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Transact-SQL
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course will be fully refunded less a $75 processing fee. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
Acend Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 689 times.