Participants will learn about the harmful long-term effects of stress on our mental and physical health and will explore methods and strategies for managing individual stresses more effectively.
- Course Outline
Today’s workforce is experiencing job burnout and stress in epidemic proportions. Workers at all levels feel stressed out, insecure, and misunderstood. Many feel the demands of the workplace have become too much to handle. The financial impact of stress on corporate Canada is staggering. This workshop explores the causes of such stress, and suggests appropriate initiatives for the company and its employees to undertake.
- Recognize that stress is a positive, unavoidable part of everybody's life.
- Identify the symptoms of chronic stress overload.
- Identify how lifestyle choices can contribute to stress and how we can work toward making different choices.
- Develop some techniques to help manage stress right now
- Begin planning long-term protection against the cumulative effects of stress
- Introduction, Learning Objectives and Agenda
- Defining Stress and Its Effects
- Importance of developing/learning coping strategies
- Charting Your Stress
- Checklist of Stress Symptoms
- Holmes Rahe Stress Rating
- Hanson Scale of Stress Resistance
- The Human Scale
- Stress Exhaustion Symptoms
- Burnout Test
- Stress and Time
- The Stress Tax
- The Cost to Individuals
- The Cost to Employers
- Managing Stress
- Three factors of stress management
- Stress Factors
- Taking Care of Your Body and Mind
- Four pillars of stress management
- Stress Management Strategies
- 3 Strategies
- Drainers and Fillers
- "Less Stress" Lessons
- Relaxation techniques
- Personal Action PlanMETHODOLOGY
- Structured planning
- Large group discussions
- Individual work and reflection
- Small group discussion and exercises
- Individual exercises and practice sessions
- Lecturettes and Demonstrations
- Hands-on Practice (40/60 split between concept/therory and practical application of skills discussed
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Cancellation Policy
Commitment of resources and industry standards require that we be notified of any cancellation. As such, you may reschedule any training course up to five (5) working days before the actual training date. Simply call us, and we send you a new registration confirmation without extra charge. If training is rescheduled less than five (5) working days before the training date, a rescheduling fee of 50% of the course fee will be invoiced.
The latest time we accept rescheduling is until noon on the working day before
the training date. "No-shows" without prior notification are charged as if you had attended the course. There are no refunds. We reserve the right to cancel any course and reschedule if attendance is not sufficient to run the course. In this case you will be notified, usually five (5) working days or more prior to the
training day and the training is rescheduled.
- Map & Reviews
Careers in Transition
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 690 times.