This 2-day course is developed for people who may not be writers in their regular job, but who need to create specific technical topic-based content to deliver a clear message to the right audience. Learn how to organize your information into topics...
- Course Outline
This two-day course is developed for people who may not be writers in their regular job, but who need to create specific technical topic-based content to deliver a clear message to the right audience. Learn how to organize your information into topics and identify the components of a well-formed topic. Acquire hands-on experience with creating Concept, Task, and Reference topics and learn how to sequence topics to create multiple flows and outputs.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the audience that is being written for Understand what topic-based writing is and its advantages
- Understand how to create Concept, Task, and Reference topics
- Identify the components of a well-written topic Follow best-practices for organizing new material into topic-based content
- Take existing legacy content and rewrite it into topic-based content
- Create topics designed for working in multiple contexts
- Sequence topics to create different outputs, including print and online help
- Have practical knowledge of how to create your own customized information model
This course is designed for technical audiences who have to create technical documents for their organization and/or teams.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, students are encouraged to bring a current project to class with them.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
10 Day cancellation required for all courses in order to get a full refund.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 611 times.